lightweight mt rifle

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until I get back to Anchorage and talk to a gunsmith or two and see what I end up with. I'm tempted to try to modifiy my wifes older model 7 7mm-08 while I'm at it.

Does it ever end. It seems like I always want better/lighter gear.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until I get back to Anchorage and talk to a gunsmith or two and see what I end up with. I'm tempted to try to modifiy my wifes older model 7 7mm-08 while I'm at it.

Does it ever end. It seems like I always want better/lighter gear.
If you put your wife's rifle in a McMillan Hunter's Edge stock and mount a lightish weight scope like a Leupold 3-9X40 or smaller in Talley Lightweight 1pc mounts the whole thing including ammo will come in close to 6.5#s. If you want a custom barrel you can get one put on for between $300-600. I wouldn't worry about that unless it wasn't accurate enough for you or you wanted a different chambering or unless you wanted a stainless barrel and the current one isn't. FWIW...

tikka 270 wsm

I own a stainless t3 light in 270 wsm and would rate it at a 10 even over the Kimber and its made in the same factory of sako. I shoot freaking awesome 1" groups at 200 yards the magazine, no problems,I was skepticle about the bases and rings so I permenently mounted them and no problems the only gun I would rather have a Remington titanium in 270 wsm don't even think they make em

I have a 500 pistol and it's like carrying a little boat anchor around. Plus, I don't think it's the right tool for 400 yard shots:hump:

I have a Browning A Bolt Mountain Titanium that I realy like 5 1/2 lbs, 1 inch groups at 100 yds with Winchester Xp3 180 grain about $1400

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back