Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

1874 sharps

Hey baby, you looking for me?

Shiloh Sharps in 40-90 SS straight & a Hilux Wllm Malcom 6x scope.

386 grains of lead at a blistering 1600 fps. It'll do donkey. It'll do.

View attachment 306064
That's a great looking setup. I'm torn over putting a scope on it. I really like the look of the period correct looking scopes but may see how well I can shoot with open sights. Are you shooting BP or smokeless?

That's a great looking setup. I'm torn over putting a scope on it. I really like the look of the period correct looking scopes but may see how well I can shoot with open sights. Are you shooting BP or smokeless?

Both. If you gow the smokeless, take your worst pillow and defloof all of the dacron out of it and use it for case filler.

I prefer the black powder though. Especially when the kids bring out their ported lapuas.

Can't shoot what you can't see through a cloud of fffg.

That#3 looks like what you want. The sights alone are probably over $500.00 in value. The wood looks like an upgrade to semi-fancy and a shotgun butt is good for prone shooting.
It does but I think I need to hold a few before taking the plunge. I'm sure that one would be fine, I'm probably over thinking it

Looking into buying an 1874 Sharps. I plan on picking up an elk rifle tag next year, and the thought of using a single shot, open sight rifle in a big slow dumb caliber has piqued my interest. What's a good option/ brand for someone wanting one for what few more rifle hunts I have in me, and a lot of shooting at the range? There's a lot of options out there, not sure what's what. Budget isn't unlimited, but I have some leeway thanks to my ex wife's new husband/ alimony killer🤣🤣

You won't be disappointed. Never. But it takes a long time. That said, there are ways to cut to the head of the line, or go buy a used one. @Dan O will know how to jump to the head of the line. But get after it. You know how Mr. Newburg feels about waiting around "'til later".

I can help with the rear sight. There are a couple of considerations. You will actually need 2. A 1000 yds sight is not a good hunting sight, and vice versa.

Well, where are ya? We could probably find a match for you to drop in on. There's always a Shiloh around.
The only Shiloh dealer I know of is Bill Goodman from Bozeman, Mt. his site is shiloh-ballard.com His site explains the process and you can get ahead of others as Bill does orders around 20 at a time so he usually has some spots available that should go into production in the near future. Check his web site out he also has a photo's of originals also.

I can only muddy the waters more at this point but if you find something close that needs a professional touch, Curt Hardcastle can work wonders on those older single shots. I had the pleasure of being in his shop once when he had the door open to one of his safes. I had to pinch myself more than once. I look through the gallery on his website on occasion and dream of ways of spending $$: http://hardcastlecustommachine.com/index.php/gallery/

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back