PEAX Equipment

suppressor length on hunting rifle

Negative- I was sticking to looking at suppressors that were specifically made for 6.5mm rifles. It does look good though, I like the specs. Drank the kool-aid with Thunderbeast.

Pretty safe bet I will be getting more in the future; I like tinkering.
If you're thinking 6.5 specific, the Q Jumbo Shrimp is an awesome can, 6.5 bore, 5.7", 9.2oz. I've been using mine on my 6arc rifles, and it sounds amazing, better than the bigger cans I was using before it got approved. That being said, I have hunted suppressed for 8 seasons. The vast majority of that has been with 30cal cans that are 7.9" and 11.3oz on 20-24" barrels. I have no problem with this length in the field. I very much prefer shorter barrels, but I also like a certain level of ballistic ballistic performance and will carry a longer gun if that gets me what I'm after. I will be getting a Scythe though, it seems to be the perfect balance for what I'm after.

Griffin sportsman ultra light .338 on my remington 700 270 win, I had the barrel cut to 18" and threaded for the suppressor. It's very quiet and still getting 3000fps out if it with reloads. My second is Omega 300 on my remington 700 7mm-08 18.5" barrel very quiet.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back