Good guns done dirt cheap

I lost all my rifles in an unfortunate boating accident. But before that, I had ordered a rifle special just to get a good wood stock because I preferred the look and feel. Couldn't find one that looked like what I wanted otherwise. Nostalgia maybe. But then again, my first gun was $125 and I loved it.

Heck, what I see around here is that older 700s and 70s carry a premium, even if they aren’t in great shape. I have a couple of old lever guns and a couple of old pumps that have wood stocks. I love carrying them in the woods, as it is quite nostalgic, but if the weather is forecasted to turn south then I’ll take one of my ugly synthetic/stainless guns.

All the gun stores got run out of town by pawn shops but I did see a tang safety Ruger light weight in 30-06 with a Nikon scope not long ago. Had wear marks but the bore looked good. $650 negotiable.
However, same pawn shop had a Remington wing master that had been used A-lot with a washer tac welded to the magazine tube cap for a sling swivel for $800. So honestly I don't understand older used gun prices. I would have thought those prices would have been backwards

My Ruger 77 MKII in 280 Rem. $400, before the Great Cough!

I have matching rifles in 257 Roberts and 25-06.

In the last 2 years prices have done nothing but gone way up, at least in my area.

Pistols & revolvers have come down some.
When you can find them.
FN 509c was $400 gently used.
$350 for a Taurus Judge with the long barrel.
$200 for a Taurus 38 Spec.
$400 for a Ruger Security Six in 357 Mag.

Attachments

• 20221023_132908.jpg
    20221023_132908.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG20231020131425.jpg
    IMG20231020131425.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
See lots and lots of christensen arms guns used.

As far as the comments about wood stocks - i had more rifles with wood stocks in the past. I dont like scratching/denting/messing the wood finish - so stiffer lighter weight more durable synthetic material stocks are more useful to me. One thing thing that does bother me - a lot of the higher end guns come with plastic trigger gaurds. Sako a7 came that way - fortunately there was a nice alumimum after market one.

I love a good old wood stock rem 700, ruger m77, win model 70 - but those end up more "safe queens" to me. To each their own.

Growing up, my dad had one. When I was 18 I bought almost an identical one.

I ordered some upgraded grips for it a couple weeks ago, and I'm kicking around the idea of getting it cerakoted.
What grips did you go with?

I ordered some upgraded grips for it a couple weeks ago, and I'm kicking around the idea of getting it cerakoted.
I have a set of Pachmayer grips on mine. It needs refinishing as it's been used hard. I was looking at the rust blue finish. There are colors to choose from. Not sure Cerakote is good for revolvers. mtmuley

My dad just gave me his stainless security six. Still has the black plastic grips, and I’d be willing to bet he’s put less than 3 boxes of shells through it - but it’s been in the glove box of his truck for as long as I can remember.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back