Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Where is college football talk ???

556 if i knew that i could make a mint.

It seems that the name changes every hour.
I hear more names every day.You would think that the list would be getting whittled down instead it's getting longer.

The good news is, Tennesse remains one of only two teams to never lose 8 games in a season
The bad news is, we could do that next year.

Little penus envy of our facilites , 556?

So I should not root for other teams in MY conference???!!?? Why don't you tell the talking heads to quit rooting for Big Ten all the time

The good news is, Tennesse remains one of only two teams to never lose 8 games in a season
The bad news is, we could do that next year.

Little penus envy of our facilites , 556?

So I should not root for other teams in MY conference???!!?? Why don't you tell the talking heads to quit rooting for Big Ten all the time

Penus envy? You must not have heard of T-Boone Pickens. Our facilites are as nice as anybody in the country including pro stadiums.

I can assure you that I am not envious of anything at the other UT or quite frankly in the SEC. Between the all the cheating and scandals the SEC is a cespool year in and year out. Look at Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tenn, LSU, etc.... If you want me to post links I'll be happy to. From Cam Newton stealing laptops at Florida to many LSU players being arrested for everything from assault to drug charges, Petrino hiring his mistress, Kiffin leaving a mess at Tenn, Paying players, Newtons dad asking for money, etc... The list goes on and on and thats just the stuff we hear about, imagine what else goes on. That crap just doens't happen every year in the Big 12. Every year 3-4 coaches are fired some just 2 years after winning a NC. I doubt there will even be 1 head coaching job availabe in the Big 12 this year. SEC has 4-5 already and the season isn't even over.

My OSU cowboys are doing just fine. Ranked in top 25 in FB and BB going to a nice bowl and propably the NCAA tournament this year in basketball. Already got a big win against a top 10 NC State. That works for me.

Cheer all you want, SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC!

NC St ??? Hell, we beat'em in football....how good can their BB team be???

Our Guv's bro is gonna buy Gruden to be our coach....lol....funniest thing I have heard in a while!
BTW, beat the Wolf Pack....I get sick of their BB boasters as you do of SEC football boosters!!

NC St ??? Hell, we beat'em in football....how good can their BB team be???

Our Guv's bro is gonna buy Gruden to be our coach....lol....funniest thing I have heard in a while!
BTW, beat the Wolf Pack....I get sick of their BB boasters as you do of SEC football boosters!!

Hell, Didn't a prominent UT Alum just buy a NFL franchise? Gruden should be no problem for him to buy as a next coach for the Vols. I am not sure Gruden is setup for the recruiting and college style game versus his experience in the NFL but it would make a splash with a big name coach.

I actually hope the Big 12 and SEC do more scheduling and bowl agreements like the Champions/Sugar bowl. Good for the fans.

ACC is a dumpster fire to say the least. Tobacco rd and all the academic standards just got thrown out the window withe the Louisville, aka best Kentucky, invite so now they cant even pretend to be academically superior to the rest of us. Basketball is all they have to fall back on. It's clear the conference is not respected football wise and thier BCS games are always a disaster. Loved WVU putting 70 on Clemson last year.

Our Guv's Bro is big UT fan....he just bbought Browns....runor is he offerd Gruden a share of Browns if he wud cum to UT.....yeah , right!
ACC champs game is between GA Tech with like six losses and FL ST....joke that winner gets BCS bid....your hated SEC whipped sheit outta both!

Go Cowboyz!!!

556 I'm hearing Gundy more and more. You think there is any chance of this, or is Mike just trying to get a little more money out of T.Boone?

556 I'm hearing Gundy more and more. You think there is any chance of this, or is Mike just trying to get a little more money out of T.Boone?

He just got his new 8 year 30 million dollar front loaded contract but maybe he wants more of T-Boones money. Seems like Arkansas is willing to spend 5+ per year though. I just don't know if he would leave to go into that situation. He palyed QB for OSU back in the 80's with Barry Sanders, he built a huge house in Stillwater, and his family has roots in the area. Brother Cale coaches at OU. He has so much going for him right now I dont know why he would leave to go into a somewhat tough situation in Fayetville. He has put OSU on the map as a strong football program and I sure hope he stays. His OC Todd Monken has been mentioned for a few jobs as well. That would not surprise me. OSU has had some great cocahes like Jimmy Johnson, Larry Koker, Les Miles, and more recently Dana Holgerson and Larry Fedora have gone on to head coaching jobs.

I figured Charlie Strong would get a strong look or Gus Malzhan(sp?) possibly. Art Briles from Baylor would be a grat hire IMO. He knows how to recruit Texas and I doubt Baylor could outbid Arkansas if it came down to it. With any luck Jerry Jones will stay out of the hiring process since he cant seem to hire a descent cooach for himself and focus on his replacement for Garrett.

Tom,
Who are your Vols going to hire for a coach? Struck out on Gruden, Gundy, and Strong. Going to be kinda weird for the next guy interviewing knowing he wasn't even in the top 3 choices.

Who is the next choice? Fedora?

Obviously the "former" Cincinnati coach is dumber than the ones you mentioned----he took the job.....at least he has actually won some games against BCS teams....
My thoughts are WTF?!?!?!? He is totally an offensive minded coach.....what did Vols need, better offense or a frigging defense!!!!

Can't believe that one either. Gotta be the worst hire for the SEC this year compared to Mike Stoops, Malzhan, and Bielema sp?. going to Arkansas, Kentucky, and Auburn. Heck Bo Polini would have been a better choice IMO.

Then to top it off Tuberville leaves Tech to go coach a frikin Big Least Cincinati squad. Talk about a step down from playing OU, Texas, OSU, TCU, WVU and now he will play a bunch of mid majors like Temple, Memphis, ECU, and the rest of the Big East. Would love to know the real story behind ths one.

Spook,
Found out the deal with Gundy going to Arkansas was more about Gundy taking more control of the football program from the AD Holder. Apparantly T-Boone and the President put Holder in his place and gave Gundy more control of things like OOC scheduling.

556 thats what i was hearing also. I know he was never offered,when a job like Arks comes open it always puts top 20 coachs in the drivers seat with their current employers. Since our hire the list of coaches that ''reached out'' has been leaking out, most just trying to put themselves in a better position.

Tom none of us has a crystal ball,but Tenns hire has me scratching my head.

Nhy. those are some crazy numbers but they only scratch the surface. I know at Ark, the Razorback foundation puts more money into the athletic dept than the any other source. Because it is a private foundation in no way connected to the University the dollar amounts don't have to be disclosed.Its common knowledge they put more into athletics then the University does.Most SEC schools have something similar, so we will never know what is actually spent in the Athletic Depts.

The last month's been a fun one to watch college football...especially if your an Irish fan! ;)

I'm definitely looking forward to Jan 7th, but I'm not all that optimistic.

Hey pointer, Fan is short for Fanatic. There is no room for rational thought when it comes to ''Our'' teams.

Alabama's not as though as last year,gives ND a punchers chance.

Hey pointer, Fan is short for Fanatic. There is no room for rational thought when it comes to ''Our'' teams.

Alabama's not as though as last year,gives ND a punchers chance.
I agree that 'Bama isn't impossible to beat, I'm just worried which 'offense' shows up for ND. If they can move the football like that did against OK they just may have a chance. I'm not sure that the Tide will win by 3 TDs like some are predicting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcutter223
Back