Hunting around Bozeman

FIM, I know your pain...I usually "interview" potential new hunting partners at a 3D shoot or Archery league. The way they act when they make a bad shot, or aren't shooting well gives me a look into their true personality.

This is a convo to have in the spring and summer...go scouting, shed hiking or Spring bear hunting with potential partners.

But I've found being comfortable by myself in the outdoors, only makes the group hunts better. Every Relationship Meme holds true for hunting partners as well. I've found having a killer camp setup, and a way to pack out meat (packhorses) is a great way to keep getting invited. Also calling skills and honeyholes help. Why do you think Beau Baty is @Big Fin's new best friend ? ;)
Yes I don’t disagree a bit! Although, it makes me think about my attitude a bit! Haha who doesn’t get bummed and call themselves names when they make a bad shot?? I’ve thought the same about horses and can’t help but wonder if I have less to offer than some people want from their friends. (Seems like an oxymoron or something?) I offer my hunting spots, which don’t suck, they’re just public land. Lol

I haven’t done a backcountry like backpacking camp trip since I was probably 11, through morris meadows, CA with my dad….

I’m too frightened to do that alone.

There I said it.

Goodluck man. I think finding a legit hunting partner for every type of hunting is probably harder to find than a wife is. I’ve got friends I’ll antelope and bird hunt with when I know the weather is nice and the hunting is easy. I’ve got a different couple people that I’ll coyote and elk hunt with when I know the hunt will be tough or cold

Last edited:
well flatbrimmer im in your boat! i have 2 hunting buddy's ones married and ones engaged lol (we are all in our early 20's) the ladys do not like them staying out tell dark lol even tho most of the animals we've harvested have been a hours before sunset. so ive kinda taking up solo hunting!

Heading out to fart around the Bridger mountains tomorrow if anyone has some time and wants to meet up. Nothing serious, literally just a hike. Might find some muley sheds if luck is on my side. Have to help with field clean up for the middle sons tee ball at 10 am and then I’m heading out.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back