Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Not Ideal late season hunt…

The steel or composite toes are great when working on the ground. Both have their issues. The problem is 80 percent of the time I am climbing in a tree and they are dangerous in the tree. The solid, bulky toe can get caught between two branches and hang you upside down. Or just get stuck. I’ve had it happen as well as others I know. Switching boots every time you get to the ground just isn’t realistic.

The grate itself weighed likely 200 lbs or so. I only lifted one side about 12” off the ground. When the thing broke free and slid I was holding more weight than I could handle. I got very lucky.

View attachment 307376

I bet you have a shiny hard hat too, don’t ya.
I may be a clipboard person now but I worked in the field as a laborer for 15 years before moving to the desk so no, I'm not either of those clipboard ladies.

Steel toes prevent injuries like dsnow experienced. I get his position climbing with them and understand. If you are going to drop something that weighs 2000# on your toes, it don't matter what you have your foot is gonna get crushed

View attachment 307376

I bet you have a shiny hard hat too, don’t ya.

Had a buddy with about 30 years of machining experience at work. One day a new engineer fresh out of college was poking around my buddies machining cell and decided it was a good idea to tell my friend all the things he was doing wrong. LOL that was not a good idea. After a very hard ass chewing and a trip for both up front to human resources the decision was made that the engineer was not aloud in my buddies area anymore.

That big toe pert near made me pee myself! Enjoy your kid time with your beautiful family! I would tell my big toe injury story but I don't wish to diminish your spartan image!

Yah to reinvent the wheel usually.
I agree but we all know that’s it’s all about the $$

They are on the payroll to show up and be a short stop to tell you how you did things improperly and against procedure to protect the company from any potential litigation damages….lol

That’s all it is.

Seen it MANY times with eye injuries.
First question: “Were you wearing eye protection?”

My daily mantra is.....don't do that.
Bet I've lost every nail. Bent fingers now.
I stabbed myself behind the thumbnail a couple weeks ago. Now the sliced nail is growing out and catching on everything.
Good Luck Youngster.

I agree but we all know that’s it’s all about the $$

They are on the payroll to show up and be a short stop to tell you how you did things improperly and against procedure to protect the company from any potential litigation damages….lol

That’s all it is.

Seen it MANY times with eye injuries.
First question: “Were you wearing eye protection?”
We implemented mandatory eye protection for our guys on site... think what you want about it, but the guys choose the safety glasses they want, and we haven't had an eye injury since (knock on wood). A good EMR safety rating is beneficial in many ways. Saves money on premiums and if it's really good, it gets toted around like a badge of honor by people.

In my life alone, I've been to urgent care/ER for several eye injuries. I've learned if you get a nice pair of safety glasses, and treat them like an expensive pair of sunglasses, they'll last quiet awhile! I started being more cautious after the last injury I had. I have amazing vision and really don't want to ruin that!

Well, the truck is loaded and we went out to breakfast down the street! Looking forward to a great father daughter trip!

The toe is still swollen, soar, and black and blue but I am off crutches and not limping horribly. We are going to have a blast! Wish us luck on this door knocking campaign because this foot isn’t hiking 6+ miles

87385337-B810-4EC0-98BC-887FD475605D.jpeg
I was planning on selling my razor 8s to @perma but u think they just got stolen. She thinks they are the coolest thing ever. I’m don’t think she has put them down since I handed them to her as we pulled into the unit.

Any one have recommendations for a cheat pack for a 7 yo petite little girl?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back