NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Where is college football talk ???

You have to admit that Oegon St and USC losing this weekend hurt Oregons SOS right?

Orion- Gotta link that shows where only 1 team from a conference is allowed in the upcoming playoff system that isn't even 100% finalized?

Yeah. I certainly didnt see OSU and USC losing to UW and AZ yesterday... WOW! i think that will hurt oregon some.

I dont have a link, this is what i heard on TV when it first got approved. I guess i thought that it was finalized and there was already a contract for 10 years starting next???

ND for the first time looked tough to me. they played really well yesterday.

I'm an Irish fan and I was surprised how well they played. They aren't spectacular by any means on offense, but their defense is very good. I hope they don't slip up, especially with USC, but even if they win out I don't see them going to the NC game without both KSU and Oregon losing. Though I'm glad to see the BCS being abandoned in favor of a limited playoff, but at least now the NC is somewhat decided on the field and not just in voting polls.

So is ND for real or just another wish we had a team form
Sports Writers in NE and Mid -Atlantic???? Like say, West VA? Or MI or MI ST???
C'mon guys, we gonna bitch about the final four "playoffs" as much as we do now!!!

...enjoyed watching the Gold helmets whip 'Stupes' azz last night. ND looks like they are for real.

Only their back east reputation is real.:hump:.. Fact is who have they really beaten?.:eek:.. BYU went toe to toe with them at the home of "touchdown Jesus" they are a top ten team barely... Bama/Oregon/K-state/Lsu/ Georgia/ and a few others are better.... How in the hell do they leap over K-state and Oregon... polls are absurd.

Only their back east reputation is real.:hump:.. Fact is who have they really beaten?.:eek:.. BYU went toe to toe with them at the home of "touchdown Jesus" they are a top ten team barely... Bama/Oregon/K-state/Lsu/ Georgia/ and a few others are better.... How in the hell do they leap over K-state and Oregon... polls are absurd.
You might want to check the rankings of a few of the teams they've beaten on the day they played them. Many thought they were pretty good up until that point. How many top 25 teams have each of the schools you listed beaten? I would state, with confidence, that till this point, their strength of schedule has been MUCH tougher than that of either K-State or Oregon. That is how the computer has them ahead of each of those teams. That said, unless either KState or Oregon loses, each of them will finish ahead of ND in the BCS at the end of the year.

You don't think their defense is "real"? You might want to check your numbers. Only Alabama allows fewer points per game.

You might want to check the rankings of a few of the teams they've beaten on the day they played them. Many thought they were pretty good up until that point. How many top 25 teams have each of the schools you listed beaten? I would state, with confidence, that till this point, their strength of schedule has been MUCH tougher than that of either K-State or Oregon. That is how the computer has them ahead of each of those teams. That said, unless either KState or Oregon loses, each of them will finish ahead of ND in the BCS at the end of the year.

You don't think their defense is "real"? You might want to check your numbers. Only Alabama allows fewer points per game.

Overall
8-0 Home
4-0 Away
2-0 Neutral
2-0

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

[ Cj's opinion] below/right

09/01/12 vs. Navy Dublin, Ireland W, 50-10 ..[Jv team]

09/08/12 vs. Purdue Notre Dame, Ind. W, 20-17 [ Purdue? really] 3pt. win?

09/15/12 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. W, 20-3 [ average team.]but a win

09/22/12 vs. Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. W, 13-6 [ Uof M ] always overrated] and same with that overHYPED QB [ D. Robinson]

Shamrock Series
10/06/12 vs. Miami Chicago, Ill. W, 41-3 [ impressive]

10/13/12 vs. Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. W, 20-13 (OT) [ ?????]

10/20/12 vs. BYU Notre Dame, Ind. W, 17-14 [ W.T.F.!] lucky to escape the "stormin Mormons"

10/27/12 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla. W, 30-13 [ impressive] but game was close until the end]

11/03/12 vs. Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET [ weak]
11/10/12 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. Noon or 8 p.m. ET [weak]
11/17/12 vs. Wake Forest Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET weaker]
11/24/12 at USC Los Angeles, Calif. TBA [ 1st loss]

Next Event
vs. PittsburghDay: Saturday
Date: Nov. 3, 2012
Time: 3:30 p.m. ET

Saw Oregon got Jumped again by ND just like I told you would happen. I knew that SOS was going ot hurt. Now thier 2 top 10 games are gone. Going to have to hope somebody loses at this point.

Are you sure the PAC's weak teams aren't hurting Oregons chances to play for a national title?

Updated Conference rakings
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-rankings-oct-30-the-mac-moves-into-the-top-5

1Pointer- SOS is much higher in the Big 12 that what ND faces. Plenty of cupcakes on thier schedule. 80% of the tems in the Big 12 will be bowl elegible. Can ND say the same about 80% of thier opponents? Didn't think so. Looking at the schedule seems like quite a few cupcakes. ND looks good this year so far don't get me wrong but how many of those teams will be bowl elegible and of those bowls most will be bottom tier bowls.. OU game was great, except for a couple questionable calls. Still lots to prove from a team that hasn't done much in 20 years other than screw a couple of conferences over with "sweetheart deals".

Tom-Thought the Vols were going to pull the upset last weekend, so close.

Just think about his for a moment:
Pac 12 will have 5, almost half, of the conference will not be bowl elegible because of 5 or less wins. This is what happens when you lose 10 games in NC play.
On the other hand only 2 out of 10 teams in the Big 12 will not be bowl elegible. 80% bowl elegible.

But only 3 of those losses appear to matter. Cal to tOSU and Nevada and possibly Utah to Utah State. Cal needs to win out, which is unlikely, but losing to a #12 tOSU is respectable. Utah needs to go 3 for 4, CO and WSU should be wins, but winning one from UW (at home) and Zona is unlikely.

That said, the B12 played their NC games in cupcake land playing 90% of their NC games against teams ranked 41-120 where the Pac-12 only played 54% against the same.

We've also played 2 top 10 teams, 3 after SC and ND match up.

Attachments

• College Football Power Ratings - College FB Non-League Power Rtg Conference Rati_2012-10-31_16-4.jpg
    College Football Power Ratings - College FB Non-League Power Rtg Conference Rati_2012-10-31_16-4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 126
1Pointer- SOS is much higher in the Big 12 that what ND faces. Plenty of cupcakes on thier schedule. 80% of the tems in the Big 12 will be bowl elegible. Can ND say the same about 80% of thier opponents? Didn't think so. Looking at the schedule seems like quite a few cupcakes. ND looks good this year so far don't get me wrong but how many of those teams will be bowl elegible and of those bowls most will be bottom tier bowls.. OU game was great, except for a couple questionable calls. Still lots to prove from a team that hasn't done much in 20 years other than screw a couple of conferences over with "sweetheart deals".
I won't say that the Big 12 schedule is easier and didn't. But, until now, I still say that NDs schedule has been tougher than KStates. I don't think that's the case for the remainder of the schedule; with KState being the tougher of the two. SOS is why ND is ranked where they are in light of still being undefeated. That said, I don't see them jumping ahead of KState without them loosing. As I stated earlier, I think Oregon will jump them as well if they stay undefeated.

Don't know if 80% of NDs opponents will go to a bowl, but I bet 9 of them do, which is 75%! :D

For a team that hasn't done much in 20years, they have finished in the top 11 or better 3 times since the inception of the BCS in 1998. There's more than fewer teams that wish they could say the same thing...

PS- Remember, ND is A, yes, singular, team and not a conference... :D

3 ot's to beat PITT????..[ at home?] Pitt had it [ missed a chip shot F.G.]. Yep N.D. is way overrated...hope they can handle the Poor mans catholic school ..

For a short moment last night, ND and AL were behind (and looking finished), K State was up and cruising, and USC nearly kept up the pace. Great teams find a way when its not going your way.

Ducks hang 62 on a damn good USC team in Compton.

The officials helped pretty boy Barkley out several times accounting for a good 21 points. Best defense is a good offense anyway. 321 rushing yards, 5 TD's for KB24...what a game.

ND, you can not go into 3OT's against an unranked Big East team in your own house. That team is so over-rated.

K-State looks pretty good...but they still don't beat Oregon.

And how about the SEC! 21-17...that must be some kind of a scoring record? Still boring football.

For a short moment last night, ND and AL were behind (and looking finished), K State was up and cruising, and USC nearly kept up the pace. Great teams find a way when its not going your way.

I wouldn't exactly say KSU cruised over OSU last night. OSU had more first downs and more yards, over 500 yards of offense. 5 Turnovers by OSU and KSU only wins by 2 touchdowns. KSU looked good but could have easily lost that game if it wasn't for the 4 pics the defense made. Lets hope Colin doesn't get hurt, they can be beat without him.

ND, too many close wins for me. Gotta go with teams who win games convincingly. ND is good and I'm sure they will get in a BCS game but they simply don't belong in the NC game IMO. I"m thinking they should play a SEC team but they will propably luck out and play Louisville to have a good shot at thier first BCS win.

Both Pitt and ND had their chance in the 2nd OT to put it away. ND fumbled the go ahead TD and Pitt missed the FG.

FWIW, as I predicted, Oregon jumped ND in the BCS. Interestingly enough, they cut the distance between them and KState by 1/2. The way its shaping up, if 'Bama and Oregon win out that will be the NC game. Georgia could jump ND if they can upset 'Bama in the SEC championship. If that happens it could get interesting at the top.

LSU had the game one, just needed one more first down. I thought the "Mad Hatter" had pulled another one on Saban...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back