Caribou Gear

Where is college football talk ???

well there are 3 bowl games that match up the big 12 and pac 12. maybe this will help decide if the pac 12 is a weak conference.

What do you think?

well there are 3 bowl games that match up the big 12 and pac 12. maybe this will help decide if the pac 12 is a weak conference.

What do you think?

Already took a miracle for the Pac to get thier first win against Nevada. RichRod is a scumbag loser who got a freaking cheerleader pregnant and paid for her abortion while he was head coach at WVU and was told to find another job. Michigan quickly figured this out and let him go and Arizona welcomed him in and the new coach. Real class act.

Pretty sure last year was a good indicator of conference strenth.
Texas beat Cal
Baylor beat Washington
Oklahoma St beat Stanford
2011 bowl season the PAC was 2-5, That's weak to say the least.
2011 Bowl season the Big 12 was 6-2 and if you count TCU and WVU 8-2
Any questions?

Should be fun to watch. Pretty amazing the Big 12 got 9 of 10 teams bowl elegible especially playing a 9 conference game schedule. I'd even bet money our worst team in Kansas would domnate the Pac 12's pathetic Colorado Buffs.

Baylor is playing too good right now. They will roll against UCLA. Bet they put at least 50on them. If I had to put money on one of the 3 games this would be it.

Texas was good and bad at times this year but I think they will propably win against Oregon St as well. Several coaching changes in this game. I absolutely hate the way coaches and coordinators take other jobs before the bowl games are played. Really screws up the chemistry on some of the teams when somebody else is doing the play calling all the sudden.

Kansas St vs Oregon will be the best matchup IMO. Hopefully Klien will be ready to show the country why he deserved the heisman more than some lucky freshman aggy who I doubt will be able to repeat this years performance without KKingsbury calling his plays. I think playing in the Big 12 will have prepared the KSU defense for the fast paced spread attack that Oregon will bring. Best matchup by far and the game I would not put money on either side.

Last edited:
so no matter what happens with the bowl games you still believe that the pac is weak??? even if all three match ups the pac 12 were to win? or am i reading this wrong?

so no matter what happens with the bowl games you still believe that the pac is weak??? even if all three match ups the pac 12 were to win? or am i reading this wrong?

Show me why I'm wrong. So far you are 1-1 vs the Mountain West!!

All I did was bring up facts from last year. 0-3 vs Big 12 and 2-5 overall. Can things change sure but the bowl record from last year was terrible and awfully hard to call strong. Do you call 2-5 strong? C-mon man.

I think if the PAC were to win all 3 games you could make an arguument that they were better than the Big 12. I respect Stanford and Oregon, possibly USC depending on which team shows up. Beyond those 3 I don't think there are any teams that would have a winning record in conference play in the Big 12. Read up and you will find the top of each conference is debatable but as far as top to bottom the Big 12 is better overall.

I just can't wait for some good games to watch. These Beef Obrady crap bowls with Ball st and other mid major teams are really hard to watch. I'm hoping the 5 Major conferences break off and form thier own leage so we don't have to have these crappy bowl matchups anymore. Let them(MW, Sun Belt, Big East, MAC, etc) have thier own playoff like FCS does.

Last edited:
im not even saying that the pac is better than the big 12. I just think they deserve a little respect and to not be labeled as weak. No matter how much football i watch, read or whatever, you are the first person that i have heard to utter those words. most argue to the contrary and yes some say they are the 3rd best conference.

I agree there are some really bad teams but there are some really good ones too. Personally i think the top of the pac is better than the top of the big and the pac bottom is much worse than the big bottom.

it doesnt even matter when i sit back and think about it, i guess it just makes me laugh a little to think that someone would think that.

i am with you tho about this... im ready for some better bowl games. i just hope i get them on sirius radio since ill be hunting in mexico!!

FYI It's not just me that thinks the PAC is down/weak/underachieving the last couple of years. Last years championship game was a joke with a 6 loss UCLA team, and I'm not the only one who thought that it was a joke either. Type in "PAC 12 championship game joke or conference weak" to your search engine and it will bring up plenty of articles.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/33523641

Do you think they will have a winning record this bowl season? I don't

Can't do much worse than last year.

Conference Schools Record Win %
C-USA (5) Houston, Marshall, SMU, SoMiss, Tulsa 4-1 .800
MAC (5) NIU, Ohio, Temple, Toledo, WMich 4-1 .800
Big 12 (8) Baylor, ISU, KState, Mizzou, OU, OklSt, TA&M, Texas 6-2 .750
SEC (9) Ala, Ark, Aub, Fla, Geor, LSU, MissSt, SCar, Vandy 6-3 .667
Big East (5) Cincy, Lou, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU 3-2 .600
Ind. (2) BYU, ND 1-1 .500
Big Ten(10) Ill, Iowa, Mich, MSU, Neb, N’Wstrn, OSU, PSU, Pur, Wis 4-6 .400
MWC (5) AF, Boise, SDSU, TCU, Wym 2-3 .400
Sun Belt (3) ArkSt, FIU, La.-Laf. 1-2 .333
Pac-12 (7) ASU, Cal, Ore, Stan, UCLA, Utah, Wash 2-5 .286
ACC (8) Clem, FSU, GT, NC, NCS, Vir, VT, WF 2-6 .250
WAC (3) LaTech, Nev, UtahSt 0-3 .000

Enjoy your hunt in Mexico. Propably be easier not to watch the losses pile up.

Guess you brag aout COL and Col St????

When it gets to Bowl season, I brag about the conference and even root for FLA (pretty tuff), Bama (more tuff) and all SEC teams winning enuff to get a bowl invite.....UT will be back.....how many Natl Champs does any COL team have????

Guess you brag aout COL and Col St????

When it gets to Bowl season, I brag about the conference and even root for FLA (pretty tuff), Bama (more tuff) and all SEC teams winning enuff to get a bowl invite.....UT will be back.....how many Natl Champs does any COL team have????

I don't even care about Colorado football, I am a transplant. I am actually a Michigan fan because that is where my Mom is from. Just thought I would get in on the smack talking. So how many championships does Tennesse have?:rolleyes:

Colorado actually won a championship in 90 and the Vols most recently in 98. Both are bad now but honestly Colorado is MUCH worse and has no fan support or $ and the Vols still have plenty of both. Air Force is the best team in Colorado which is sad as thier kids actually have to go to class and serve thier country.

Colorado teams should be getting better as legalized weed will be a great recruiting tool.

Coach:Wanna play at CU/CSU and buy/smoke weed legally?
Recruit: Really it's legal in Colorado?
Coach: Yep
Recruit: Where do I sign.

Tom-My Cowboys laid the wood to your Tenn Tech squad in BB on Saturday 78-42 and your Vols a couple of weeks ago 62-45. Rough year for football and basketball in Tennesse to say the least.

I'm hoping the 5 Major conferences break off and form thier own leage so we don't have to have these crappy bowl matchups anymore. Let them(MW, Sun Belt, Big East, MAC, etc) have thier own playoff like FCS does.

Wha....What? Am... I.... agreeing with wyo556?

That Nevada/Arizona game was brutal. The epitome of a crappy bowl matchup. Can someone please play some defense? Bowl matchups like this are the ultimate moral victory.

NDSU playing in another FCS national championship next week. I'm driving down with the family from Nodak to Frisco, TX on Thursday to go to the game. We'll have 12,000+ yellow shirts in the stands a week from Saturday.

smalls.... SCI Convention at the Dallas Convention Center beginning next Thursday thru Sunday. Let me know if you're considering.

Wha....What? Am... I.... agreeing with wyo556?

That Nevada/Arizona game was brutal. The epitome of a crappy bowl matchup. Can someone please play some defense? Bowl matchups like this are the ultimate moral victory.

NDSU playing in another FCS national championship next week. I'm driving down with the family from Nodak to Frisco, TX on Thursday to go to the game. We'll have 12,000+ yellow shirts in the stands a week from Saturday.

Whats your score prediction on the FCS championship game?

Well the ranked PAC 12 south champion UCLA 9-4 got thier ass handed to them by lowly unrankd Baylor 7-5. I predicted they would put 50 on them, I was wrong, only 49. Laffin.

Whats your score prediction on the FCS championship game?

I will be surprised if either team gets more than 28 points. I'm thinking 24-18 ish... not sure who wins.

NDSU defense likely not quite as good as last year (although its still the best in the country) and I'd say that Sam Houston is better... we likely don't hold them to 6 points again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back