Where is college football talk ???

Alabama falls and all the rest move up. I will really feel like i am living in the Twilight Zone if I wake up to a number 1 BCS ranking!

K state falls to sixth. Sucked to sit on the couch watching Baylor have their way with he cats. Still 10-1 and in controll of the conference title though.

K state falls to sixth. Sucked to sit on the couch watching Baylor have their way with he cats. Still 10-1 and in controll of the conference title though.

Yep. Replay of last year when my Pokes lost to ISU. Without a championship game to help boost KSU back up like Alabama and Oregon will play they will still go to a nice BCS bowl.

Looks like conference ralignment is heating back up with the Big 10 taking Maryland and Rutgers this week. Hopefully the Big 12 can pick up a couple of ACC teams like FSU and Clemson to get back to 12 and play a championship game.

I think Notre Dame will lose to USC and we could see an all SEC championship again.

Last edited:
some predictions have k-state and oregon in the fiesta bowl.

yeah, with barkley out im a little uncertain. we'll see, they should have a good back up tho.

I am back with comments to upset all!
Based on head to head, ACC shud give their auto BCS Bowl bid to SEC
Ohio St is undefeated.....last time they did that they were ranked number one and got to play an SEC team for Nat'l Champs....how did that turn out for them?
Check all three polls-one has only five SEC teams in top ten, other two have six SEC teams in Top Ten.....anyone else play thru that schedule?
Nortre Dame got divine intervention to blind refs to Standfords winning TD and to injure USC QB.....will they get Divine intervention against the SEC team they play for Nat Champs??? Probably not since God lives in the South East!
How many teams are in Big 12? How many teams are in Big Ten? I give credit to PAC 12 for actually being able to count number of teams in their Conference!
So the Big East is so fugging bad that Boise wants to get out before they get in!

Agree on the ACC weakness. FSU and Clemson need to get out of that dumpster fire quick before the ACC screws the conference football reputation up even more by adding teams like Louisville, Cinci, or UConn.

Tennessee Football.

100,000 seat stadiums and huge athletic budgets sure don't lead to wins do they. You guys just fired your horrible coach who was hired to replace the previous horrible coach who left one hell of a mess behind including NCAA investigations. Looking at a solid 5-7 season with 1 whole conference win. 3 of your whopping 5 wins were against Akron, Georgia St, and Troy, LMAO. Yet another year of watching the good teams play bowl games.

Since Tennessee isn't going to a bowl I think you can stop beating the Alabama, Georgia, and Florida drum. Sitting in your living room watching bowl games chanting SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC while your team is at home is pathetic. Using the success of other teams in the conference to define yourself instead of dealing with the disappointment of your Vols is why Tennessee wont be better anytime soon. It appears that Tennesse may be the biggest "has been" in college football now that Notre Dame and FSU are winning games again. 20 years ago the Vols were a great team who won a NC with Fulmer. Now they are a coaching carousel and disappointment just about every year.

The SEC is top heavy to stay the least. The bottom 8 teams went 0-30 agains the top 4. Think about that for a minute, it speaks volumes about the SEC.

The big 12 managed to get 9 of 10 teams bowl elegible with a 9 game conference schedule.

SEC got 9 of 14 with an 8 game conference schedule. That clearly shows what conference is strongest top to bottom.

The SEC did have the most disappointing team this year, Arkansas. Top 10 SEC team losing to Louisiana Moroe was quite funny. Auburn just about go beat by Louisiana Monroe as well.

As great as you make the SEC out to be they sure have fired a buch of coaches this year. Kentucky, your only conferece win dumped thiers first. Now it looks like Tennessee, Arkansas, and Auburn will all be looking for new coaches.

Last time I checked Missouri was playing in the east division of the SEC. Suddenly the Big10 with 14 teams doesn't seem as stupid as having Missouri playing in a east division with teams form SC, Georgia, and Florida.

Honeslty I do think Tennesse is the best at something. Looking at thier facilites, athletic budget, conference affiliation, and tradition I think the Vols are the most underachieving team in FBS. Is there another team that manages to do worse with all the advantages Tennesse has, I don't think so.

Congratulations you just took the crown from an underachieving Notre Dame team of the 2000's.

Consinue on with your chant. SEC SEC SEC SECSECSEC

NHY you're ''Laffin'' because 556 bestowed the title of' '' biggest has been'' on Tenn and not Mack Brown and his Longhorns.No one has done less with more.

Spook, are you presuming I wouldn't agree with a negative appraisal of clap clap clap Brown?

...hell they might not even be able to beat Petrino's has-beens these days.

NHY you're ''Laffin'' because 556 bestowed the title of' '' biggest has been'' on Tenn and not Mack Brown and his Longhorns.No one has done less with more.

Mack has a recent National Championship and Heisman but you are correct that concidering all the advantages they have Texas is underachieving as well. Just not as bad as Tennesee right now. The difference being Texas won enough games to go to the Cotton Bowl and play and elite SEC team while Tennessee didn't and will be home on the couch waiting to hear who thier new coach is.

Brown must know something on the A.D. at Texas.

Chizic wins a Natl championship at Auburn and gets fired 2 years later.

Petrino lies to his Boss 1 year after a BCS bowl and right after beating Kansas state in cotton bowl and he's toast.

Brown must know where the bodies are buried.

Nothing more than making LSU spend some Money. Google Jimmy Sexton the guy is a frickin genius.

Besides, there is turf at Razorback stadium,nothing for old Les to munch on.

Never wanted ND to ever win a game but i will be pulling for them in the NCG. Just tired of hearing SEC all the time.

Granted they probably are the strongest conference top to bottom, but would sure like to knock down the hype a little.

i really liked it for that short week that oregon and KSU was going.... lol... that was short lived.

Agreed spook, Miles is a character..

I know in stillwater he left one hell of a mess behind for Gundy to clean up. He dismissed like 10 players the first year becasue Miles will let them act like thugs. Look at all the arrests of former LSU players in the last year. He belongs in the SEC that is for sure.

Arkansas can do better. I'd like to see them bring in Mangino as OC. He made Kansas win and that is saying something. He was also not afraid to tell these kids the reality of thier situation.

Maybe Mike Leach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back