Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Mountain Goat

Nice job. I saw a nice one up Tom Miner on the north side of Bighorn Mountain today. It's that little bitty dot above the cliffs about center pics. It was off by itself then it made its way up to 5 little ones.

Attachments

• small IMG_1819.jpg
    small IMG_1819.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 721
Awesome thread and goat! Congrats to all for having had such a great experience. It's clear that it's all about the hunt and not the kill.

Having deployed with Ross and hunted with him for the last few years, I can attest to his snoring prowess and the fact that I would not want anyone else by my side on a tough deployment or hunt. Can't wait to catch up live and hear all about it.

A little extra backstory. My wife knew how important it was to me come out for this hunt, and she was gracious enough to let me skip out on her birthday (which happened to be the day of the kill). So, I owed my wife pretty big. This weekend was all about her, and she thought she would torture my legs a little more with 12 miles of mud, water, obstacles. After 9 days of elk/Muley hunting in WY, a couple day break before heading into goat country, she thought a Tough Mudder sounded like a good way to ensure I could nothing more that hobble around the house for the next few weeks. Like everyone else, I have a wonderful wife who indulges pretty much any adventure I decide I would like to tackle (most of the time, probably rolling her eyes).

My wife doesn't read hunttalk, but thanks beautiful, and happy belated birthday. Randy says thanks too...

image.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats all around men.

I've been pretty well off grid the past few weeks, and I was
super stoked when Randy sent the text out the other day.

No hunts for me this year, and this is my hunting highlight for 2014. Thanks everyone involved.

My congradulations Randy. A special hunt for sure. And this is a special place. mtmuley

A grand adventure indeed, and well chronicled. Congratulations Randy11, as well as everyone else involved. It has been fun reading along, and can't wait to see it on the big screen..

A little extra backstory. My wife knew how important it was to me come out for this hunt, and she was gracious enough to let me skip out on her birthday (which happened to be the day of the kill). So, I owed my wife pretty big. This weekend was all about her, and she thought she would torture my legs a little more with 12 miles of mud, water, obstacles. After 9 days of elk/Muley hunting in WY, a couple day break before heading into goat country, she thought a Tough Mudder sounded like a good way to ensure I could nothing more that hobble around the house for the next few weeks. Like everyone else, I have a wonderful wife who indulges pretty much any adventure I decide I would like to tackle (most of the time, probably rolling her eyes).

My wife doesn't read hunttalk, but thanks beautiful, and happy belated birthday. Randy says thanks too...

View attachment 43068
Awesome! A little paying it forward never hurts.

8 little friends and a HOG of a goat, great ending!!!!

The other ending I was hoping for was..........................Goat boy(Randy11) becomes one with the goats and rides one out of the wilderness to be crowned Governor of Montana................

But this ending is nice as well.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back