Photo thread - 2014 season landscape

Helping to pack a friend's sheep out of the San Juan Mountains last week. The location of this old cabin makes me appreciate the effort that went into carving a living out of these mountains 130 years ago. And I was crushed when my air mattress sprung a leak. :rolleyes:

Hikeoutsmall_zps9b545517.jpg

2014 Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area. . .sunset from the "walleye rock". Love that place.

Attachments

• 2014 ELY TRIP 363.JPG
    2014 ELY TRIP 363.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,115
Coming out of Wapiti Creek into the Taylor's Fork of the Gallatin River, SW Montana this August. We put over 14 miles on our horses that day. Picture taken facing north. Used to be our favorite bow hunting elk area before the wolves. I hear the elk are coming back, however. I truly hope so. It is a wonderful place to hunt.

100_2770.jpg

Climbing Northwest Peak in the very northwest corner of Montana. I flew over this peak quite a few times while working and finally had a chance to climb it last June.
DSC00661.jpg

Brtooth

I felt the need to put another picture up. I am Montana born. After years of living in Montana, my wife convinced me to move to Nodak to be closer to her family. I miss it every day. However, I am reminded of my favorite mountain range every time I look at my license plate. Unfortunately, most people here think that I am either a dentist or that I have sensitive teeth. You guys get it, right?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 985
This is right after my 13 year old daughter pulled the trigger on her first mule deer in NE Nevada. She was using the same rifle that I did when I was 13. Yes I'm a very proud father.

Attachments

• Hana's Deer 002 (800x600).jpg
    Hana's Deer 002 (800x600).jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 878
More people than landscape... but by far my favorite of this year so far.

Trying out the new "SHE" the decoy hat. Sure a fun way to get the kids involved in the hunt!

Attachments

• BABY THE DECOY-sized.JPG
    BABY THE DECOY-sized.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 861
Since I don't have any landscape photos that even compare to this I will post a photo that is interesting to me. This year was my first trip west to experience the joy of hunting there. The wife was worried sick for us about bears and the potential for bear encounters (she worries about black bears when we travel to northern Michigan). While stopping near a pond in the mountains to take a break I sat down next to this tree. After looking up I noticed the marks on the tree. I took the picture to show my wife when we got home.

Attachments

• DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 823
Colorado Elk Hunt 2014

Opening morning of my 2014 Colorado muzzleloader elk hunt. My partner and I would ultimately tag an elk in this basin, but not until day 2. It remains one of the most beautiful views in central Colorado in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20140912_191245.jpg
    20140912_191245.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 746
My brother and I glassing during our first season New Mexico archery elk hunt! Little did we know that the very spot we are glassing would I harvest my first elk that very next day! The Blue gramma seeded out in the picture was a pleasant change from the past few years of drought as well!
Full story to come in another thread sometime!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 742

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back