Photo thread - 2014 season landscape

Central Wyoming, the day before Thanksgiving, hiking the 2 1/2 miles back to the truck at sunset after shooting my first elk. She fell on the other side of the hill just right of center.

image.jpg

Chasing the elusive wapiti on a very cold Montana day!

Attachments

• Snow2a.jpg
    Snow2a.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 171
Opening morning in Montana. Expectations were high as the sunlight began to peek over the eastern horizon.

Attachments

• OpeningMorning2a .jpg
    OpeningMorning2a .jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 175
Thought I posted this last night but I guess I didn't hit submit. Northwest Montana on a spring bear hunt in the Cabinet Mountain Wilderness.

Attachments

• IMG_2904.jpg
    IMG_2904.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 163
This is my Dad taken rifle hunting cow elk and mulies SW of the Bighorns. Couple of things stand out from the pic: with all the orange you can tell he is from MN; given the light clothing it's clear the temps were far too warm for productive hunting. We did manage to tag out on Elk despite the conditions thanks to MNHunter's scouting efforts during the bow season. My Dad said it was his hunting thrill of a lifetime. So much so that he skipped MN's firearm season because it would have been too anti-climatic. Wonder what will happen when he hopefully harvests a bull someday?

This has been my favorite thread on my short time on HuntTalk. The overwhelming feeling I get seeing all of the beautiful country is God Bless America! We are very fortunate to call this great place home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 149
2014 Minnesota Deer Hunt

The recent brutal winters all but killed off the deer in our little remote area. In 3 days I saw two sets of tracks in the snow. The weather got cold and we bailed early. This was the longest stretch of river that wasn't frozen. We had to drag the canoes and break ice for over a mile to get to this point!

RibbonofWater.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well mine doesn't compare to many of these fantastic pictures, but it is of something different. I have spent many hours behind this dog chasing pheasants. If you zoom in on her, I think she is smiling!

IMG_1071_zpsf0886562.jpg

One of my favorite pictures I've taken from this past October.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 303
Decided to play Santa Claus early and draw the winner of this Photo Content. Winner, by random drawing is sra61.

Send me a PM with your name, address, and size. I will mail this Sitka 90% Jacket to you.

A wonderful thread. I would hope people keep posting as this is one amazing group of natural beauty.

Decided to play Santa Claus early and draw the winner of this Photo Content. Winner, by random drawing is sra61.

Send me a PM with your name, address, and size. I will mail this Sitka 90% Jacket to you.
Thanks again Big Fin! I always wanted some Sitka stuff, but couldn't really swing it. Very Cool!

New Mexico archery elk hunt in September...notice the oak tree near the middle of the picture and the branches go up and then head horizontal. I happened to stop right under that branch and there were acorns falling down so I thought to myself, oh, there must be a squirrel up there and as I look up, I see a fat bear looking down at me. Talk about a bit of adrenaline rush that morning!!! :W:

Attachments

• DSCN4968s.jpg
    DSCN4968s.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 185
Back