The Season of Stupid (& elk)

28E7F85F-38A6-433D-BA87-08078AB3EBBF.jpeg
Total take home meat weigh it before adding fat to burger. Started at 44lb and ended with 22.7lb.
F26E890A-C6D3-48E0-87FC-351A0C6B0856.jpegAD1D3C6E-B3E2-459D-90B6-3344646C4801.jpeg

36.4 lb included all of the bone and rind that was not getting turned to burger.

All said and done I’m very happy with how it turned out and the whole process. Can’t wait to cook the first one up!

I have to say it was pretty flipping awesome to see the results. I was dropping off some donated meat, including a public land bison hind from a very awesome HT / RMBS friend and Lucas convinced me to dry age that one too. So we'll see how that turns out!

I was definitely thinking about elk tartare while he was slicing it up. Meat looked good and smelled great.

Looks like you were about 2/3 the way to elk bresaola. Very cool project, looking forward to reports from your taste test.

Just Because this is so in line with the issues I faced this year, I thought you’d all appreciate knowing 2024 is off to a fun start:

Bryce buys gun safe to be responsible gun owning dad
Bryce gets gun safe into house without issue
Bryce levels gun safe
Bryce follows directions to program new code for safe
Bryce successfully demonstrates new code works and mechanism turns with door open
Bryce locks safe
Bryce attempts to open safe with new code. Mechanism does its thing. Handle no turny
Safe tells Bryce “they’re my guns now”
Bryce curses to the heavens

🤦🏻‍♂️

Just Because this is so in line with the issues I faced this year, I thought you’d all appreciate knowing 2024 is off to a fun start:

Bryce buys gun safe to be responsible gun owning dad
Bryce gets gun safe into house without issue
Bryce levels gun safe
Bryce follows directions to program new code for safe
Bryce successfully demonstrates new code works and mechanism turns with door open
Bryce locks safe
Bryce attempts to open safe with new code. Mechanism does its thing. Handle no turny
Safe tells Bryce “they’re my guns now”
Bryce curses to the heavens

🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ve done this exact same thing! Did the safe not come with emergency keys??

I’ve done this exact same thing! Did the safe not come with emergency keys??
It did not, but the code is working. I can hear the mechanism inside doing its thing, but something not turning. Will be calling customer service today. Guessing a locksmith is gonna drill it open, and they’ll send a new door.

I had the batteries die in mine the night before turkey season last year. I spent 3 hours tearing apart the house trying to find the keys. Finally found them, but I was on the verge of driving into town to buy a new shotgun. Its a terrible feeling not to be able to open it.

Hopefully customer service will be quick!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back