Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Season of Stupid (& elk)

Anyone with a subscription to this thread have an elk roast recipe they really love? Father in law and brother in law arrive next week and want to treat them to a nice meal

Anyone with a subscription to this thread have an elk roast recipe they really love? Father in law and brother in law arrive next week and want to treat them to a nice meal
The wifey made something with a roast the other day that was out of this world. Kinda like shredded brisket sandwiches. I have no clue what it was but it was gone fast. She doesn’t normally use a recipe or even know the amounts she puts in but the food she makes is always good. I’ll see if she made notes

The wifey made something with a roast the other day that was out of this world. Kinda like shredded brisket sandwiches. I have no clue what it was but it was gone fast. She doesn’t normally use a recipe or even know the amounts she puts in but the food she makes is always good. I’ll see if she made notes
Ohhh let me know what you find out!

Beyond easy, and doesn't have to be made with neck roast.

My go to roast recipe is season with salt and pepper and sear then in the oven at 250 till it starts to be able to shred. Could cook it less time but I like my roast fork tender

I've used the recipe on the back of the Kinder's seasoning packet. My family really likes it. Could smoke it before hand. Could add a splash of red wine if you want. Pretty versatile, but a real solid recipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back