Yeti GOBOX Collection

Official 2009 March Madness NCAA Hunttalk Bracket Tournament

Please DO NOT (and this is important for NoHarley) register as "Hunttalk" for your user name. The group is HUNTTALK, but your name is likely something else.|oo

So far we only have two fools who entered their bracket as "Hunttalk.com" and registered their name as "Jose".......|oo

I'm in. My brackets are ugly but I just can't pick teams like Louisville. I have a bad feeling about this year as I picked with my heart and not my head, with my allegiances to NDSU and the Terps being evident in my bracket.

Oh well. Good luck all.

I'm sorry guys I had to get in. I know you were all hoping I wasn't going too, but it's safe to say the winning bracket has just been entered. :) Good luck to those of you playing for second.

There could be some bloody brackets if Memphis doesn't pick it up!:eek: Up by 3 at halftime.

RD 1 Results.

1 wyomuledeer kevin 15
2 wapiti1 MTWapiti 14
2 IDdeerhuntr Dewain 14
2 brymoore brymoore 14
5 HuntTalk.com Jose 13
5 polarpop Todd 13
5 The One AZ402 13
5 Soon To Be Winn... Elkgunner 13
5 IdahoBugler Bryce DeForest 13
5 jabber jeff 13
5 Rouskie 1_pointer 13
5 Withdrawal from... Oak 13
5 Dicholscrn Ryan 13
14 drcarroll59401@... Dean Carroll 12
14 pecosred Bobby English 12
14 Nut Fred 12
14 Big Fin''s Big ... Big Fin 12
14 Smalls Stunners smalls 12
14 MarvB1 MarvB 12
20 Merlin noharley 11
20 Spitz Hunttalk Spitz 11
20 Guppie9 Kevin 11
23 kevin kevin 0

Dang VCU. That would have been nice for the bracket. Now if I can only get Utah state to win a couple of games, then I'll be looking good.

I suck again!

Worry not Spitz. Winning brackets are not made in the opening round :D

Now back to what this tourney is really about!!!
images

TIP OFF 11:35 CENTRAL TIME!!

FU KU!!!

GO BISON!!!

Not lookin' good for the ND BuffleFans.....

Best game of the tournament is happening in Boise with UT State and Marquette, and I had to give up tickets to go to the hospital. Hoping to be out in time for the evening session....

..nice story.

By Eamonn Brennan
If the NCAA tournament is a showcase for the country's best unknown talent, Ben Woodside -- North Dakota State's lightning-quick senior point guard -- is thus far its prime attraction.

Some college hoops freaks, or at least people who furiously studied up on the tournament in the past few days, were familiar with the Woodside hype. The senior averaged 22 points and six assists in his 2008-09 campaign. He scored 60 points on Stephen F. Austin. He was the main reason the N.D. State Bison have made it to the NCAA tournament, their first after a five-year probation period. Still it's possible, even likely, that you have never heard Ben Woodside's name before today.

Today, though, you had a chance to see him. I hope you did. Woodside was every bit as good as that minimal hype, and maybe better.

He scored 37 points in N.D. State's first-round loss to Kansas today on 13-of-22 shooting and 8-of-10 from the free throw line. And it wasn't all on three-point shots, either; Woodside was as quick as any Jayhawk, and was able to get into the paint at will. At one point, Gus Johnson compared him to Steve Nash ("He's a baller!"), and the comparison seems fair: Woodside, like Nash, isn't nearly as limited by his size as you'd think. He gets into the defense, passes effectively, and then, when forced to, will drain whatever shot you end up giving him. It was a beatiful thing to watch.

Of course, it wasn't enough. Woodside's team was eventually overwhelmed by Kansas' size and talent -- Sherron Collins isn't too shabby either -- and N.D. State lost 85-74.

Woodside hasn't been the only new star of the early weekend. Memphis' Roburt Sallie came off the bench to score 35 in Memphis' win over Cal. St. Northridge, and American's Garrison Carr put on a show in his team's loss to Villanova last night. Thus far, though, the closest thing we have to a Stephen Curry is Woodside. Pity he won't have a chance at an encore.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back