Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunt Talk logo thoughts

#1 seems to flow naturally from left to right, the way the eye is used to reading and absorbing material. The other two options didn't seem to flow as naturally (to my eye, anyway).

#1 gets my vote.

Probably just me, but I think I'd change the font and/or color a touch. The "H" part looks too similar to the History Channel logo to me...

History_Channel_Logo.png

I doubt I could actually create a pic, so I'm going to try to pain it with words... ;)

I'd make the H be bigger than all the letters but the T. The T would be biggest and the horizontal line of the T would be the crossbar of the H. Kinda, sorta, like...

HuntTalk.com

Where the H and T would be positioned as I mentioned above and would be stylized to look like a livestock brand. If you kept the H & T the same size, the words Hunt and Talk could be offset to make the T become the cross bar of the H. The stylized HT brand would be the most basic logo for the website.

Something like the attachment only better done.

Just my 2 pennies worth...

I was reminded of the History Channel at first glance as well. Also, the yellow border makes me think National Geographic. Changing the color and font would help.

Hard to really make a call between the three with them being different sizes, but I would pick #3 if pressed. I think the logo looks a little like International Harvester meets Iowa Hawkeyes, not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Option #1 by far! The symbol should be larger than the text.

If you were to modify it (not as simple as you prefer), you should make the side of the H be curved antlers (main beams of an elk)

#2. The one on the left. Would look balanced on a hat, shirt pocket, printed materials.

Keep in mind that the yellow border would disappear on most camo so you might consider a border around the logo in those applications.

I like #3. The first one has too much wasted space for ads, it would look better on a hat, but #3 gets my vote.

I like #1 the best, followed fairly closely by #2. I do not care for #3, it looks like it should be on the front of a medical facility.

If these are the only choices, I vote #1, but like others input the color needs to change.

I also prefer #1. It will fit easily into a lot of formats, and since the HT is much larger than the text it may help in emphasizing that part of the brand more quickly than the version where it is the same size as the other text. I think it will also lend itself to more interesting layouts when used with text wrap, or overlaying a photo, since the overall shape isn't as rectangular as the other options.

#1 has some advantages for internet use too. While HT is about the same size in both 1 and 3, the total width of #1 is slightly less which will make it easier to work into your mobile site. You could also switch over to just the HT for mobile devices or other narrow screens, using CSS media queries. Your designers have given good advice on logo design, so I'd bet they have the responsive web design covered too. Can't wait to see the new look.

Paul

Hard to pick a favorite out of them because I'm not a fan of any. I think something along the lines of 1_pointer's idea is much better than the HT vertical in the middle.

I agree with npaden. I would also like to see the compass or elk antler in the logo.

The "H T" logo reminds me of the "T H" logo that Tony Smotherman uses for his Travelin Hunter show.

Sort of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 221

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back