2011 Montana mountain goat

Take your time and be aware of the risks. Rewards will come. Good luck and know you have bunch of guys wishing you the best. Goat or not, memories that will always be with you.

Good luck man! weather is going to be good for you too it looks like...You should make sure you tell someone here in town what your general plan is, like Drake, so that we know where to find you if you don't show up with a picture on monday;)

i think you and drake will put the hammer on a couple this weekend.

Fine. I'll go. You guys are a bunch of bullies. I'm rollin' Miller style -- solo. It's on y'all if I die trying to carry a 9.5" billy out of the woods all by my scrawny self. Look for pictures or me in the obituaries late next week. Drake, you around later this week? I seek your sage advice.

I'm back in town tomorrow night..and then will be around the rest of the week. I'm headed out either Friday night or early Sat. to my unit. Shoot me a PM..I'd be glad to look at some maps with you.

Heading out bright and early tomorrow morning. I have permission from the Mrs. to stay out until Saturday. Looks like I'm going to have some great weather Thursday and Friday, so hopefully I won't be locked down to the tent again. The only thing I'm worried about is what my dumbass might do if a decent four point muley or nice bull steps out in front of me. I have little self restraint at this stage in my western hunting career.

Heading out bright and early tomorrow morning. I have permission from the Mrs. to stay out until Saturday. Looks like I'm going to have some great weather Thursday and Friday, so hopefully I won't be locked down to the tent again. The only thing I'm worried about is what my dumbass might do if a decent four point muley or nice bull steps out in front of me. I have little self restraint at this stage in my western hunting career.

Go knock that great-haired, long horned billy down!

Good luck, be careful and shoot straight.

Look forward to seeing the pictures!

You track one down yet? I need some pictures for inspiration.

I did...I shot a great billy on Saturday. I'm waiting on my good pictures from my buddy's camera.

Don't give up, it took me 14 trips (counting scouting) to find the one I wanted.
Grizzly bears, fog, snow, numerous plan changes, etc. I've got hundreds of pictures...adventure of a lifetime for sure.

I did...I shot a great billy on Saturday. I'm waiting on my good pictures from my buddy's camera.

Don't give up, it took me 14 trips (counting scouting) to find the one I wanted.
Grizzly bears, fog, snow, numerous plan changes, etc. I've got hundreds of pictures...adventure of a lifetime for sure.

The "tease" has begun! I'm looking forward to going mountain goat hunting with you through your pictures......minus the freezing, huffing/puffing, glassing, adrenaline rushes, stumbling, leg burning joy of an adventure.

No tease, no 5-page story...I really don't have any of the good pics. yet. I'll post one up as soon as I get one. My buddy is on a sheep hunt through the weekend, so I'll hopefully get the pics. next week.

When I get some time I will post a bunch of pics. from my scouting trips throughout the summer and my first 3-4 hunting trips. No stories..just a pile of cool pictures.

Once again, a lot of hiking with nay a goat to be seen. After the last trip I ended up shooting a nice antelope. Hopefully the trend holds tomorrow with a big bull. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

mdunc8, Go for the goat. I did get mine in the Cabinet mtns Oct. 18, '11. Altho' it was not an On Your Own Adventure hunt. I hired Eric Weare, Weare's Outfitting, out of Noxon, MT. I am trully glad that I did. This was a last stand hunt for me as I will not be able to put in for the draw for 7 yrs. Would it be appropriate to post story and pic of my not a OYOA hunt? MTG

I always am for more photos of beautiful places and creatures. You had an adventure and you'll be sharing it with the rest of your friends here.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back