Caribou Gear

2011 Montana mountain goat

As we talked earlier, that is where I shot my goat in '06. Don't make me come down there and find you and drag you out hunting! My sister lives in Churchill, so I will have a place to stay till I find you! ;)

As we talked earlier, that is where I shot my goat in '06. Don't make me come down there and find you and drag you out hunting! My sister lives in Churchill, so I will have a place to stay till I find you! ;)

I can provide you with his contact info! :)

Dunc...You live in River Rock? I'm just a couple miles west of you. Come by my place and we'll look at some maps. I've seen quite a few goats in your unit, from my side, in the last couple of weeks. If you don't stop by, I'll knock on everyone of those condos unitl I find you...and slap you in the head!

I think you'd be regretting this decision, if you give up on the goat.

Another vote for a goat over elk.

I would give up both my New Mexico elk and deer tag and drive up from Texas in a heart beat to swap places with you, and both of my tags are by not even close to sure thing draws either.

A goat is going to be more work, but the satisfaction on filling a goat tag has got to be huge.

Last edited:
I gotta give you guys credit for the encouragement you have given mdunc. That is what it is about!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money!"

OK, One day your gonna wake up 55 and the Legs won't get ya up there any more. What are you gonna regret? John

John is right ,one day when your old and gray you will regret not giving this hunt the effort it deserves. GET UP, LACE UP, AND GET UP THE MOUNTAIN !!!!!!!!!!

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey,.... I hope you're out hunting that goat. They taste much better than elk and deer anyway.

Seven more years before you can apply, seven to 15 years before you draw again. Are you prepared to wait twenty years or more for this opportunity that may never come around again?

If I didn't live 6 hours from you, I'd threaten to come down there myself and drag you back in there. :)

Attachments

• 201_0119.jpg
    201_0119.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 771
  • Delberts 2010 Goat 062.jpg
    Delberts 2010 Goat 062.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 863
  • Rick's goat hunt 021.jpg
    Rick's goat hunt 021.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 783
Montanan mountain goats only come around once-in-awhile. Take advantage of it.

Probably my most rewarding hunt. Solo in the Wilderness. Memories I will have forever.

P1050623.jpg

Mike..........lets put it this way, if you don't go, there is a high likelyhood many of us will throw you a special party............we call them blanket parties;):D lol

Get after them man, you will definately regret it if you don't.

Fine. I'll go. You guys are a bunch of bullies. I'm rollin' Miller style -- solo. It's on y'all if I die trying to carry a 9.5" billy out of the woods all by my scrawny self. Look for pictures or me in the obituaries late next week. Drake, you around later this week? I seek your sage advice.

Glad to hear you got your head back on your shoulders. I tell you if I didn't live across the state and have other things hanging over my head (final product delivered to the committee) I'd be there to help. Be careful up there and don't forget to enjoy it. I wish you the best of luck!

Fine. I'll go. You guys are a bunch of bullies. I'm rollin' Miller style -- solo. It's on y'all if I die trying to carry a 9.5" billy out of the woods all by my scrawny self. Look for pictures or me in the obituaries late next week. Drake, you around later this week? I seek your sage advice.

Monument could be your huckleberry.....

Enough of the crazy talk about not trying for the goat again. Everybody get frustrated, discouraged, tired, cold, wet, hungry and everthing else that comes along on a hunt. Keep after it and give it your best. GOOD LUCK

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back