Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2011 Montana mountain goat

Sorry to hear it didn't happen for you. The way my year went I'm sure I would not have faired any better. Sometimes it seems no matter how much time and effort you put in, your quarry just doesn't show up in the same place as you at the same time. Sucks. Definitely would love to see pictures of that country though!

If I was going to be out West for the rest of my life, then yes, I would have probably spent most of the fall worrying about filling this tag. However, I'm not. There is a pretty good chance this is my last year out here. Once I'm working next fall, I'll probably only be able to squeeze in a few early season antelope or mule deer archery hunts. I won't be able to hunt elk in the foreseeable future SOOOO....I'm going elk hunting. I'll go goat hunting if shoot a wapiti before next Sunday.

What you just said is even more reason to spent every waking moment looking for the goats......To trade a mountain goat for a 400" bull is one thing............to trade it for a cow elk???????.:eek::eek::eek:

Shoot man, I would have just given you my cow elk;)

To trade a mountain goat for a 400" bull is one thing
That's what I was attempting to do. Couldn't catch the bastards on public though. They just sat there and laughed at me for several days in row. The cow was a gimme on a day I needed to stick around town.

I made a few more attempts after Greenhorn's pep talk, but didn't find anything I could get to in my unit. I could have dropped a dozen in Drake's though.

Last edited:
mdunc8, you hunted and this is the spirit. Ya' gotta go for it. That cow elk is darn good groceries. Enjoy! Good luck on next years hunting season. MTG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back