NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Where is college football talk ???

rudy.gif

Ohio St. threw away the NC this year by not taking their bowl ban last year,which they could have done. NC game last night would have been 2 undefeated teams in OH.St. and ND both of whom played a WEAK schedule at best. There was at least 5 or 6 teams that would have done something very similar to ND last night.

Looking at the NC schedule for tOSU and it's pretty weak. ND did happen to catch USC and OU on a down year, normally those two along with Stanford and Michigan would be a fairly solid schedule.

Heck going into the season it looked like Arkansas would contend for the NC. Petrino was an idiot for what he did but man that guy knows how to win. Almost the same team with a different coaching staff performed nothing like the 2011 squad. What do you think about Bielema so far?

Last edited:
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
Gawd , it is great to be hated because you are the best....

Here I am starting all over again with another new coach and a team that has a proud tradition but couldn't beat my HS team the last few years.....yet we remain one of only two college teams never to have lost 8 games in a season.....maybe next year--- what with new coach not being able to convince two best receivers and QB to stay when he is supposedly a passing offensive dude.....think I will move to Tusk are looser....

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
Gawd , it is great to be hated because you are the best....

Here I am starting all over again with another new coach and a team that has a proud tradition but couldn't beat my HS team the last few years.....yet we remain one of only two college teams never to have lost 8 games in a season.....maybe next year--- what with new coach not being able to convince two best receivers and QB to stay when he is supposedly a passing offensive dude.....think I will move to Tusk are looser....

Thats like bragging about a Vanderbilt degree when your diploma says UT and I don't mean Texas.

Got to be disappointing to see all that NFL talent leaving the Vols, Bray, Hunter, Patterson, and Sentimore. I am amazed that with a NFL QB and 2 NFL receivers they only managed to win 1 game in the conference and that was against Kentucky. Loaded with NFL talent, 100,000 fans at games, great facilities, and playing in the best conference period equals arguably the most underachieving team for the 2012 season. 3 of your 5 your wins were against Georgia St, Akron, and Troy. Thats really bad. I doubt 2013 will be much different except UT will literally could be the worst team in the conference. Recruiting is looking like a top 25 class so that might help.

Arkansas could give your Vols a run for thier money at the bottom of the conference. Bielema is not recruiting well at all. If he can't recruit he won't last long at Arkansas. Rivals ranking #63 in the country isn't going to work in the SEC.

well chip just jumped ship to philly so even with oregon's talent that is returning, their season is now up in the air. CRAP!!!!!

Chip jumping to the NFL reminds me a whole lot of Pete Carroll leaving, where USC shortly was punished for rules violations. Wonder if he sees some writing on the wall we don't yet???

Chip jumping to the NFL reminds me a whole lot of Pete Carroll leaving, where USC shortly was punished for rules violations. Wonder if he sees some writing on the wall we don't yet???

Yep. Just like I predicted. Get out beofore the NCAA comes down hard with wins being vacated, scholarships reduced, and no bowl games.

Nice win by the Ducks. The first 30 seconds of the game and the last minute and a half of the second quarter were the difference in the game, aside from that equally matched teams IMO. I think the Ducks should try winning thier conference first so they could play for a national title. Look for NCAA sanctions in the future as there are recruiting violations being investigated right now. Chip is looking to get out before the you know what hits the fan just like what happened at USC when Carrol left before the NCAA dropped the hammer on the Trojans. He propably has 1 more year before that hits.
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/12/oregon_ducks_rundown_ncaa_inve.html

This

maybe all the details are not out yet, or maybe i have shades pulled over my eyes cuz im a duck fan, but i dont think they will get much more than a slap on the wrist. maybe probation, but i really dont think it will be scholarships or bowl games. JMO.

Its too bad ol chipper is going to philly,,,he was great for the ducks,,,we still got alot of young talent though,i think well still do well,just might not pull the play every 13 seconds like before with chip,,,Id like to see a s e c team run the 13 second drill.Oregon ducks are still my team,GO DUCKS.

Amazing to see the truth about Teo. What an idiot. It almost worked, glad he didn't win the heisman.

The Teo thing is wierd. I'll be interested to see how complicit he is once the whole story comes out. I caught much of the ND athletic director press conference last night and it appears that University was not involved and he hinted at Teo's being 'punked'. However, there's a lot that doesn't quite line up with the stories told by both Manti and his family... That said, if this was a publicity stunt and he was a part of it, he's a dirt bag. If that is the case it will cost him millions.

Dan,

The 13 second drill isn't all it's cracked up to be. Oregon didn't even win the conference this year or even the division for that matter. SEC teams or any other teams in the country could run that drill but as the last 5 years have shown the 13 second drill doensn't win championships, defense does. Running up the score on mid level competetion is great but it doens't work the same in the big games, history has proven this over and over. I say this as a fan of OkState who also run a fast paced high scoring offense that havent been able to win a championship with it either.

Orion,

If you look at the information against Oregon at this point there will defiently be more than a slap on the wrist. Not saying the death penalty or anything like that but there will defiently be some punishment involved.

On Teo, He just continues to tell more lies except nobody in thier right mind believes he was a victim at this point. Can't believe the school is going along with his latest BS line. They are so busy covering up thier players sexual assault and rape cases they dont' have time for this. Really sad that schools like PSU, Montana, and Notre Dame think it's ok to coverup sexual assault, it's not.

http://www.fem2pt0.com/2013/01/07/n...ape-cover-up-whats-in-the-news-and-what-isnt/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elitehunter85
Back