Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Suppressor Ready Rifle?

Brachii

I’m looking for a hunting rifle that has a threaded barrel. I realize I can have a barrel threaded, but I’m limiting my search to those that are already suppressor ready.

My conditions: under $1,000 , 16-20” threaded barrel (5/8x24), 308 WIN

Already found: remington 700 SPS tactical, ruger American predator, Winchester xrp SP (and stealth)

Are there any I’m missing? Also, is a 16 inch barrel too short for hunting with a 7” banish 30 suppressor? I almost always shoot under 400 yards (so accuracy shouldn’t be an issue right?), but will the suppressor be able to handle that amount of pressure? I’m new to the suppressor game and totally ignorant. If anyone has experience with any of those guns, feel free to make a case for or against. Thanks!

This one has me intrigued.

Tikka T3X in several variants including the Roughtech, Varmint, and UPR models. Tikka actions and barrels are best in their price class by quite a bit.

Tikka T3X in several variants including the Roughtech, Varmint, and UPR models. Tikka actions and barrels are best in their price class by quite a bit.
Can you get a suppressor ready for <$1000 in tikka? I know the roughtec is really close

Can you get a suppressor ready for <$1000 in tikka? I know the roughtec is really close
I hadn't checked recent pricing but just did. The three models I mentioned are all suppressor ready and the internet says the pricing is about $1,299. So that is communicated to the spouse as $999. That gets it done in my book. ;)

I hadn't checked recent pricing but just did. The three models I mentioned are all suppressor ready and the internet says the pricing is about $1,299. So that is communicated to the spouse as $999. That gets it done in my book. ;)
The ones I’m seeing aren’t threaded though except the sporter, even if I could afford the extra $300. Or am i looking in the wrong place

Just curious, but what is the smallest diameter barrel that can be properly threaded to hold a suppressor or brake?

Take a look at the Bergara rifles as well, they have a couple of options that should be right around that price range and threaded. I don't own a Bergara, but I've shot a few and have a couple friends who own them, seemed like a nice shooting rifle. You're going down the right path, I wish I had switched to suppressed before I developed permanent tinnitus.

And as I slowly fat finger chicken-pecked typed my response so did @pwrwgn57 (not to say he types like me, just that he's faster)

Last edited:
Bergara makes their Ridge and Wilderness Ridge in 308 with an 18" threaded barrel. MSRP is $949 and $1099.
Those are very good looking rifles, I’ll give them serious consideration. I’m guessing those installed muzzle brakes come off to reveal the threads? Thank you!

No recommendation in the price range really but make sure if you get something with a thin or fluted barrel that you take the time to shoot it and fully understand the changes in the harmonics that having that weight at the end adds (even at 400 yds). I have a Browning X-bold speed in 6.5 PRC that I had to adjust POI down 3.5 MOA with adding a suppressor. My new Christiansen has exactly 0.0 MOA adjustment needed with and w/o suppressor (Q Trash panda titanium).

Those are very good looking rifles, I’ll give them serious consideration. I’m guessing those installed muzzle brakes come off to reveal the threads? Thank you!
The Wilderness Ridge is threaded 5/8x24 and the brake comes off. I'm assuming the Ridge is threaded with the same pitch but I couldn't find that on the website.
I have a Bergara Hunter in 300 Win Mag and I like it so far. Some people aren't fans of it but I like their soft touch stock coating and they come cerakoted.

The Wilderness Ridge is threaded 5/8x24 and the brake comes off. I'm assuming the Ridge is threaded with the same pitch but I couldn't find that on the website.
I have a Bergara Hunter in 300 Win Mag and I like it so far. Some people aren't fans of it but I like their soft touch stock coating and they come cerakoted.
What’s the criticism of them? I really like the look of the wilderness

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back