NM ram

Yes, it's a neat find for sure, wish I could draw the tag and shoot one for real (with a gun or a bow, I have shot a few with a dart gun) Tough job though....here is my office and a few of my co-workers. Some of them can be a real "ass'.

Great times in the outdoors by the sound of it.

What did the ram score?

hgwt

Don't know yet, probably next week, everybody is busy trapping sheep from the Wheeler Peak herd and establishing a new herd in the Dome wilderness. As soon as Dr. Rominger tells me I will post the score

Pecos rams tend to be very pretty and carry their mass well - just like this guy! However, their initial bases are usually not as heavy as they appear - note how far apart the bases are. I'll guess 178"

Here is a horseback view of how we found him

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ranchdoc/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0392.jpg.html]
IMG_0392.jpg
[/URL]

Your office is much cleaner and nicer than mine, love the decor. For an office like that, a guy could learn to not only put up with a few of those 'asses' but maybe even appreciate them. What do you think the ram died from, just age?

Very cool. Given that age, he very well could have died of natural causes. Found two dead heads on a MT sheep hunt and turned them both over to FWP. You wish you could keep them, but it is a good reason to have the laws be what they are.

Zia, what a cool thread you started. Thanks for sharing all your info and pictures simply just an amazing find!

FYI the skull was auctioned by the Game Dept last week at a sportsmans banquet......3500 dollars directly into the conservation fund!

Very cool. Given that age, he very well could have died of natural causes. Found two dead heads on a MT sheep hunt and turned them both over to FWP. You wish you could keep them, but it is a good reason to have the laws be what they are.

Randy, a friend of mine found a dead head this past year and was given permission to bring it out to turn them over to FWP. The ram will be sold at auction so he'll have a chance to buy them and posses them legally if they aren't too expensive. It wasn't a large ram @ 165" but it would be a cool addition to a trophy room.

That is a great find, better to take it out that let it rot even if you can't keep it. I would guess it scores in the 92-95 range but it is hard to tell the mass in the picture.

a few years back I was back country skiing in the Elkhorn Mts. and found a recently deceased legal ram.I directed the Townsend warden to it and asked him if he would contact me with follow up information. I thought that being a good Samaritan might entitle me to a courtesy call. Yeah,right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back