Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NM Elk Hunting. 16E

So your saying I can't enter luera to scout thru my buddies land out there?
if he lets you then you probably can but only on land he has a lease with the state land office for. The restriction on access is because state lands are by and large leased out to ranchers.

So you’re saying I can't enter luera to scout thru my buddies land out there?
If your buddy holds the lease for the state land then you can access the stuff he has leased otherwise no you technically can’t be on the state land until 14 before YOUR tags start date. Only commenting bc it’s the only unit I’ve heard of someone getting in trouble for that

if he lets you then you probably can but only on land he has a lease with the state land office for. The restriction on access is because state lands are by and large leased out to ranchers.
Do you need to buy the pass for the new mexico trust lands?

Hoping to see some good pics from the archery hunts. I have a late season cow hunt in 16E and am looking forward to seeing that part of the Gila. I've spent most of my time in the Gila in 16A, B, and C.
Everything I've heard is you will need to be ready for a 400-500 yard shot

Well we had a great time. Saw more wolves the first 5 days than we did elk. No bugling. Myson got in on one 6x7 but was surrounded by 5 spikes who were at the periphery of the herd. Thanks for all the well wishes!
They do make em pretty big out there.

Everything I've heard is you will need to be ready for a 400-500 yard shot
That's good input. I'm working on loads for my 28 nosler, which will probably be the one I take out there. But the wife just won an x-bolt in 6.8 Western from an RMEF raffle and that would also be a good distance shooter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back