Moving to Reserve NM, any advice?

I want to say the last major devastating fire on the state line was 2011 so fuels may have come back strong enough to keep you busy right off the home base. Though you could also be mostly outside of NM April-November too, right? And not forestry at all, but the VLA blows my freaking mind every time I see it.
Yeah. We could be in other states possibly from April-end of sept.

I want to say the last major devastating fire on the state line was 2011 so fuels may have come back strong enough to keep you busy right off the home base. Though you could also be mostly outside of NM April-November too, right? And not forestry at all, but the VLA blows my freaking mind every time I see it.
seconded, the VLA is totes rad. also spent a fair amount of time in the Gila in my 20s. very cool. if you can stand the long slow slog to Gila Cliff Dwellings, worth checking out and lots of cool trailheads into the wilderness from there.

Ill be moving down to Reserve NM next month for work. I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with the area such as culture and environment. Wondering what other hunting opportunities there are besides elk and deer. I know its in the heart of the Gila, but drawing elk tags in that area isn't really easy. Excited to get to explore the area and see some of those big elk though.
Squirrel, OTC and draw javelina, & quail. More quail south of Reserve but do see some around our place. There were lots of dove this year.

Trying to get a sat. phone.
Who knows when my starlink order will get here. 1st order took a year.............elon is a ......

Gotta be tough to stay alive these days.

Most snow in years. Powder that just blows around and builds. They had to use loaders to get it off the county road.
So you're saying it could be a good year for antler growth??? Glad to hear you're taking everything mother nature is throwing your way in stride.

So you're saying it could be a good year for antler growth??? Glad to hear you're taking everything mother nature is throwing your way in stride.
87% of normal in the Gila.
SFR drainage low.
Lots in the White Mtns.

Isn't Catron County notorious for being anti-government? I was gonna say, probably fine as long as you're not working for the government...
I gave the Tow Truck driver out of Edgar Az a ride to Reserve when his truck broke down towing some bozo that took a rental minivan down the "scenic route" that google maps told him to go. It was about an hour drive and that guy was definitely anti-government. :ROFLMAO:

It was a really cool area though - I only wish it wasn't a 17 hour drive for me to go back...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back