Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

History of hunt talk?

I've always appreciated that friends could take some pretty pointed jabs at each other (in good fun) and Moosie just let us have at it like we were just family being family. Moderators on my old site , NAHC, would jump in a heartbeat and censor any kind of conduct like that and that was a large part of fueling the Revolt the members mounted. Some of us had paid a good hunk of cash back in the early 80's to help get the company started and when it was sold out to a Marketing firm, now we couldn't even bust a Buddies chops without getting the post deleted, or even Banned ???

I guess those exec's had never spent a few days around the campfire with a bunch of hungry,wornout, slooshed hunting buddies.

As I said eaarlier, it got Real Ugly, real fast !!

Hunt Talk has been/ is a Golden Landing Pad for sooooooo many !

Last edited:
And OH YEAH.... who was in on the Secret Santa a few years ago ? I'm not even to to tell you what I got from "someone's" sister !!!!

How's Mo' doing anyway ?

That actually worked out OK....

Last edited:
Moosie (Oscar) My name is Shawn but my last name starts with the O. I''m 40 now but most of my friends started that in high school. Thought I should explain, hard to believe but some people take Big O the wrong way. Big O even comes up on my Rhino GPS if any sees that on 12-5.

and..I thought my life was screwed up? I followed Moosie's trek through the hunting forums and businesses like my trip through life. I have to be his reincarnation? Been in many "ventures", had fun, hunted til I dropped, and lost alot of money. But, I would'nt trade it all for anything. Then I watched
OYOA and found this group of absolutly great people who love hunting and the outdoors. At my age I get tired watching Randy walk thousands of miles for a deer, but it sure does give me goose bumps.
As did Moosies trip through the life of a forum junkie. I love it.

and..I thought my life was screwed up? I followed Moosie's trek through the hunting forums and businesses like my trip through life. I have to be his reincarnation? Been in many "ventures", had fun, hunted til I dropped, and lost alot of money. But, I would'nt trade it all for anything. Then I watched
OYOA and found this group of absolutly great people who love hunting and the outdoors. At my age I get tired watching Randy walk thousands of miles for a deer, but it sure does give me goose bumps.
As did Moosies trip through the life of a forum junkie. I love it.

Yup, a different bird, but a stand-up guy. The kind who would always have your back.

WOW, where to begin?!?! Y]

Good gawd Oscar, you should write a book.

I've been here from the start, one of the original "Coalition". I always crack up when I think of the hornets nest we stirred up over at Huntinfo.

This place has always been my "internet home", usually my first stop and last stop every time I log on. I check in at a half dozen hunting/shooting/archery boards, but Hunt Talk is always like family (meaning half of them are drunk, half of them dislike me and a few are always under indictment).
You did a great job here Moosie, and Big Fin is keeping up the good work

Kiwi, I haven't heard much from AA "Charlie" since I hunted with him last year. He's by far one of the Nicest and greatest guys around.

Good gawd Oscar, you should write a book.

I've been here from the start, one of the original "Coalition". I always crack up when I think of the hornets nest we stirred up over at Huntinfo.

Dan, Remember CHAMBO ? He was the one that sent me my Orange Coalition hats. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post them. I have them next to my hat signed by Guy Eastman and Doyle Moss ;)

A Book ? I should have had a dang Reality TV show. But on the lines of a Book, I started one last November and set a goal to have it done the end of March. In between training for the Iron Man and kids Scouts and work and Church and all the other lifes things. Works been putting the kybash on it lately. It's not about hunting or the Forums but setting goals and Achieving them. I just hope I don't miss my End of March Deadline I set for myself or the book is Bogus... but I can always set a new one, right ?!?! ;) Not sure if I'll ever go to print with it but it is something I'm doing in my "spare time" just cuz and to put on the shelf... Last year I set a couple goals and prevailed. This year I have some new ones. (......Lesson is always set your goals low ;) )

I have thought about writing a book about myself. Words wouldn't do it justice though and besides I can;t spell. I would have very few words and a crap load of pictures. They tell my life better :p Yes, I'll use spell check in the book and not many pictures and will have more better gramar unlike my Typing on here :eek:

DRAFTSTUD, I've always been able to dance. Don't give me that line of crap. You just want me to link video's again , huh ? Although I haven't filmed any since I did those few I posted long ago. :D

What I have found that's cool about the boards is the people you meet. Sure the info is good too. But I've met and I've hunted with some of the top posters on here, Cali Hunter, MtMiller, Buzz, Greenhorn, IDBugler, Gunner, Spitz, and the list goes on and on. All better people then me and have taught me a lot.

My M.O. isn't to Kiss up and say nice things so I'm ending this post with a "piss off" and a K.M.A. !!! ;)

I still have the pix of Oscar and the sheep in Texas... :hump: and I'm wearing my orange coalition hat... :)

A-con (Dan aka formerly Anaconda), Tyson (T-bone) and the truck driver from the South whose name (his real name is Tim) I can't remember met for a hog hunt near Hollister in CA on "Big Tusker's" ranch. That was a real hoot, too.

I also gave $100 towards B'cat's Ruger. I think DS made money on that deal, too. ;)

Last edited:
Calif Hunter, LOL the orange coalition hat. I just dug mine out the other day when this thread started. Couldn't believe I still have it. I might have to wear it on my Wyoming hunt next year for old time sakes.

Thanks for the history reminder Moosie.

and the truck driver from the South whose name (his real name is Tim) I can't remember

Tim was tnctcb (Tim and Christy Taking Care of Business). He went to AK with miller and myself. He had some "interesting" stories about some of his wife and his swinger forays.

Moosie, got any $10K bets on the line? ;)

I did have less brains then money back there. I laid $10,000 on the table to bet someone on a subject I didn't know anything about for a friends I knew from the "internet"....

I only got the CliffNotes version. Miller shared a motel room with him on Kodiak, so he probably has more intel. I will say that he told me that him and his wife had better luck picking up women for them to share before he lost a few teeth...

IIRC didn't a poster, who was a posters daughter, go across the country to visit him or his wife? I think elkchsr got into the middle of that one stating how wrong he thought that was.

I don't know of any other HUNTING sites can claim to have resulted in a marriage/child either!!!! I can't remember the gals screen name, but do remember his...

I noticed Ithica on a bird hunting forum the other day.

Some of the missing were definitely good for a laugh.

Back