Yeti GOBOX Collection

Christmas meals

I figured appetizers was a good way to go. Now I think your idea sounds better.
Fried bluegills sound better, but with everything else going between kids and other cooking I figured something a little less labor intensive would be good.

I’ll save the frying for New Year’s Eve. A big belly full of bluegill and a few beers should put me to bed by 9 or 9:30 and I’ll wake up to pee about 11:45, just in time to see the clock strike 12!

This thread is fantastic. We made our family tradition Danish soup that we've made for generations. It's a 2 day process but totally worth it. Lots of appetizers, shrimp cocktail dip, pinwheels, pies, egg nog french toast for breakfast, and on and on. We still need to make lefse too, which will probably happen later in the week

Gonna try that dill pickle dip @brockel

Threw a prime rib on the traeger a little bit ago and already cooking way too fast. Reduced the temp down to next to nothing, hoping to slow it down while I wait on the in - laws.….

Christmas eve tradition:
Pheasant - browned then baked in a brown mushroom gravy. Green beans with a remoulade. Homemade lefse. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Dessert is a cranberry cake with lemon butter sauce, my favorite.

Christmas Day
Breakfast - Egg bake, homemade caramel rolls, fruit.
Dinner - Ham, potato casserole, xmas salad, homemade apple n pumpkin pie for dessert.

Pretty much all homemade, lots of recipes passed down as tradition, and amazing. Merry Christmas everyone!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back