Caribou Gear Tarp

Christmas meals

Couple packages of cream cheese, shred or chop some pickles, add some pickle juice and a little miracle whip. Then add more pickles and pickle juice until it tastes good. It’s awesome to put on a ham sandwich as a spread
Wife makes a killer dip that sounds something like that...

All kinds of prime rib getting made! Same here. Smoking mine Christmas day for us and the daughter's boyfriend. Twice baked potatoes, grilled shrimp and shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. Dark chocolate French silk pie for dessert.

Elk chili simmering for tonight and tomorrow. Hope it's not too fragrant for Christmas! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 307396
Beans Dave...et tu Brute?

...kiddin' looks delicious.

Kids were here Thanksgiving, so just the two of us, keeping it simple.

Christmas Eve, potato rolls and sausage-stuffed mushrooms. Church at 4, then maybe a little cheesecake.

Tomorrow, roasted chicken and oyster dressing, garlic mashed, salads, potato rolls.

For New Year's we're baking a Ham, and for sure trying @brockel 's pickle dip.

Cheesecake out of the oven:

Cheesecake.jpg

I’m incredibly lucky. My work gives everyone 14-15 lb prime rib for the holidays. Enough to make a few ribeyes for us and then alternate between cooking prime rib for the in laws or my family each year.

Prime rib at the in laws tomorrow and elk German sausage and traditional dumpling and noodle soup at my folks tonight.

I also made like 4 gallons of high octane egg nog. A lactose free version, a sugar free version, and a dairy free/sugar free version for all walks of life

We had Christmas with the fiancée side on the 23rd and my side the 26th. Since we have no kids I think we are going to ice fish Christmas Day. So the day will be spent eating sausage in the ice shack and some really nice looking pork chops for supper when we get home

I’m incredibly lucky. My work gives everyone 14-15 lb prime rib for the holidays. Enough to make a few ribeyes for us and then alternate between cooking prime rib for the in laws or my family each year.

Prime rib at the in laws tomorrow and elk German sausage and traditional dumpling and noodle soup at my folks tonight.

I also made like 4 gallons of high octane egg nog. A lactose free version, a sugar free version, and a dairy free/sugar free version for all walks of life
We did the same thing this year for our employees except they were 6-8lb. Can you believe I actually had 3 people opt out in favor of a ham or turkey 🤦‍♂️?

Bone in ham in the crockpot, smoked cheesy potatoes, and frying up some bluegill filets for appetizers. The wife and my mother have many various things for dessert.
My wheels haven been spinning trying to figure out how to incorporate some bluegill into the Christmas menu since I read your post. I think I’m going to go with a good rich creamy bluegill chowder!

My wheels haven been spinning trying to figure out how to incorporate some bluegill into the Christmas menu since I read your post. I think I’m going to go with a good rich creamy bluegill chowder!

I figured appetizers was a good way to go. Now I think your idea sounds better.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back