Christmas meals

We are cooking up the elk tenderloins from my cow this year. I leave the next day for WY and it's become a tradition to eat elk the night before I hunt, so killing two birds with one stone.

If ever there was a night for the best part of an elk, it would be Christmas night

We did wife's side Thursday I smoked a pork butt. Yesterday we did my dad's side I did a 10lb prime rib. Tomorrow night is just us and we're doing ribeyes/new York strip and shrimp. Christmas day just us again we're just gonna do some appetizers.

We are having shrimp that a friend is bringing over and my wife is cooking a 16 pound prime rib in the oven. There are 9 of us gathering at our house. Got a big one so we have leftovers!! They had a great buy on them at $8.00 a pound so I bought two. One for Christmas and one for Valentines Day. Aren't I the romantic one. The one on Valentines I'll do in our Pit Boss verticle smoker. I can taste it now.

All kinds of prime rib getting made! Same here. Smoking mine Christmas day for us and the daughter's boyfriend. Twice baked potatoes, grilled shrimp and shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. Dark chocolate French silk pie for dessert.

Elk chili simmering for tonight and tomorrow. Hope it's not too fragrant for Christmas! :ROFLMAO:

20231223_122456.jpg

Found a whole beef tenderloin on sale for $9.99/lb. Going to try beef wellington for Christmas eve.
Christmas evening the family is coming over and doing a lasagna and meatballs, getting started on the sauce shortly, venison and sausage bolognase.

Big lasagna dinner at my old man’s place tomorrow. We’re extremely Scandinavian, so somehow Italian cuisine has become the tradition on Christmas Eve🤷‍♂️.

Christmas Day I’ll be making prime rib, crab legs, and antelope backstrap. Green beans and mashed taters for sides. Sides aren’t getting much attention this year.

Smoked a prime rib for myself and the girls the other night…. King crab legs and bacon wrapped filets with the in laws tomorrow…. Then racks of lamb for the girls and I Christmas night. Lots of good eats and good company! Merry Christmas hunt talkers!IMG_8630.jpeg

We don’t usually do a big Christmas dinner but seeing those prime ribs is making me reconsider…. Breakfast is normally our big meal that day - homemade biscuits and cinnamon rolls, fresh sausage, bacon, tenderloin, country ham, skillet potatoes, sawmill gravy and chocolate gravy

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back