Caribou Gear Tarp

Now thats an American Christmas

seeth07

Just walked out of the local fleet farm getting some parts for my truck and some snacks for our upcoming road trip next week.

While in there, a young man was with his father and he was getting his first ever rifle as a Christmas gift from Dad. It truly made me smile in happiness for the kid.

If that isn't American for the holidays I don't know what is!

What else says Merry Christmas that is truly an American thing?

My grandpa bought this gun in the 60's. It was the first gun I shot. It's been close to 20 years since it had a broken extractor and hasn't been fired. I sent it off to a HT member for some work. Got it back last week.

My 8 year old daughter shot it yesterday.

4 generations have shot this gun.

Attachments

• 20231221_135013.jpg
    20231221_135013.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
My Christmas rifle blessings…

1. 9 years old - 22 bolt action single shot. I can’t remember the manufacturer. It was passed onto my brother a year later.

2. 10 years old - Remington 22 pump that my Grandpa bought as a kid when he jumped off a train in Montana to ranch at the age of 14. My brother got the Colt pistol he carried.

3. 14 years old - Remington 308 that went off randomly when bumped due to the faulty safety. It moved along due to that.

4. 16 years old - Ruger Mark II 338. I was convinced it was what I needed for elk. I killed 9 bulls with it before I sold it when my life went haywire during my collapsing marriage… I’ve been jinxed ever since for elk… I should have left the b first. Now I’m happily married with a full gun case!

I’m gifting my father in law one of my M&Ps, four mags, holster and mag carrier along with some extra parts this year. He has a real cheap pistol and I wanted him to have something better.

I found out years later that my crazy anti gun mother stopped my grandparents from gifting me firearms for Christmas even when I was in my late teens and early twenties after I had been buying my own.

My Christmas rifle blessings…

1. 9 years old - 22 bolt action single shot. I can’t remember the manufacturer. It was passed onto my brother a year later.

2. 10 years old - Remington 22 pump that my Grandpa bought as a kid when he jumped off a train in Montana to ranch at the age of 14. My brother got the Colt pistol he carried.

3. 14 years old - Remington 308 that went off randomly when bumped due to the faulty safety. It moved along due to that.

4. 16 years old - Ruger Mark II 338. I was convinced it was what I needed for elk. I killed 9 bulls with it before I sold it when my life went haywire during my collapsing marriage… I’ve been jinxed ever since for elk… I should have left the b first. Now I’m happily married with a full gun case!

I should have included the 22 pump is one of my most cherished items and survived the shizshow.

Deviled eggs, smoked salmon dip, stuffed shrooms, Texas twinkies, armadillo eggs, smoked rib roast, taters, something green for the wife.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back