Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Christmas meals

We don’t usually do a big Christmas dinner but seeing those prime ribs is making me reconsider…. Breakfast is normally our big meal that day - homemade biscuits and cinnamon rolls, fresh sausage, bacon, tenderloin, country ham, skillet potatoes, sawmill gravy and chocolate gravy
Had to google the chocolate gravy. Different.

Spent the morning trying to call in a Christmas gobbler. Looks like its going to be ham.
Still birds out there but I wanted two days in the brine.

I’m laid up on the couch or I’d be smoking a tri tip or prime rib. Wifes making a ham, twice baked potatoes, and green bean casserole for the wife, kids,mother in law and I. Will also have some dill pickle dip
You have a solid recipe for that dip? Wife was asking about an appetizer for tomorrow…

Couple packages of cream cheese, shred or chop some pickles, add some pickle juice and a little miracle whip. Then add more pickles and pickle juice until it tastes good. It’s awesome to put on a ham sandwich as a spread
That sounds great.

Meat and cheese tray the 24th. I refuse to use the currently popular name, because I’m grumpy.

Prime rib with Brussels sprouts and potatoes au gratin on Christmas proper.

Cooked a 14lb ham today as we had the grandkids and family over today. Tomorrow off to mom's for Chinese food and lots of cocktails with all my family. Christmas Day probably cook a tritip and all the fixings as well.
Merry Christmas!
IMG_7556.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back