Caribou Gear

Almost time - Are you ready?

Here is a novel idea..practice your hunting/ calling skills . Hold out for a 30 yard shot or less ,instead of launching and praying at 60. The back yard is not the mountains.
Flame away.😉
I practice at 80-100 most of the time, but 40 is my limit shooting at critters. I’m confident at 50-60-70 but too much can go wrong with them moving during arrow flight.

My elk hunt I was planning has turned into a moose hunt. Uncle has a OIL tag and wants an extra set of eyes and a young back! Still going the last week of September. Going to be a longggg few weeks!

Here is a novel idea..practice your hunting/ calling skills . Hold out for a 30 yard shot or less ,instead of launching and praying at 60. The back yard is not the mountains.
Flame away.😉
I've killed an elk at 63 yards with my bow, an antelope at 53 and a mule deer at 56. I shoot my bow almost everyday. Thanks for your concern. ;)

I’m 2 auto cad drawings (2hrs) away from being done for the week. Rest of the week scouting. So much indecision, chase the mid high country mule deer buck I found? Put the 5th wheel down in the south Madison’s and play with a few big bulls I know of where I know there are bears everywhere? Alone? Go into the gravallies where I have proven ground and not quite as many undesirables? Hike in to some basins in the Gali’s with my golden retriever a fly rod and a tent and just go away from people and high until I see em? Or I could just go to where I know a couple big bulls are and it’s only a mile hike but a total crapshoot if it will get ruined by some Elmer Fudd not playing the thermals or making strange sounds like a dying rabbit or the hoochie moma repeat track? Probably change my mind another 10 times before Friday then wake up at 2 am and go chase king salmon on peck or something.

How many got away? 😉
2 elk in 15 years. 40 yard shot and arrow deflected off a limb that I didn’t see on one. Hit the shoulder with a mechanical broad head and didn’t get penetration on the other. No more mechanical heads for me. I’m confident they both lived. It’s part of hunting.

Reactions: Hem
Good luck to all venturing out . Stay cool stay hydrated and shoot straight . And don’t get eaten by a griz

Heard Billy drive off after daylight. Nada day 2 here for him.
Met up with Don who hunted here 3 years ago yesterday. They're camped 2 miles east.
He was stoked he was feet away from a bull yesterday,but only had shot at legs. Bull with cows...
Said good luck to bro in CO.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back