Caribou Gear Tarp

Almost time - Are you ready?

Looking forward to my antelope hunt next month. But haven't packed jack. Stopped working out. No plan on where to start or stay. Haven’t bought any new gear. Haven’t re-sighted the rifle (though I will). I haven’t worked on my truck despite it being a probable 5000 mile trip. Basically I’ll be, at best, rushing around last minute and then winging nearly every aspect of the trip. I have powered down in every way as opposed to my usual elk hunt stress/prep. It’s kinda nice!

SO EXCITED.

Need to get through Burning Man (lol don't @ me) and climbing in Idaho. THEN BOW HUNTING!!!! :D
Burning Man's dates kill me...it's tough to cram in the best climbing of the year, go to Burning Man, and also elk hunt while staying employed... I'm taking climbing gear on my ID hunt and hoping to get some days in at the fins on the tail end of hunting as a consolation prize, although doing any performance climbing after a couple weeks of chasing elk is a losing battle...

Burning Man's dates kill me...it's tough to cram in the best climbing of the year, go to Burning Man, and also elk hunt while staying employed... I'm taking climbing gear on my ID hunt and hoping to get some days in at the fins on the tail end of hunting as a consolation prize, although doing any performance climbing after a couple weeks of chasing elk is a losing battle...
Agree re the best climbing weather! Why I have never been to the burn. We're heading to Elephants Perch this year.

I have a 4 day backpacking trip starting tomorrow, a 4 day camping trip in Yellowstone the following week, and then archery season will start, ready or not. Opening weekend of archery is more a weekend camping trip for me, too many people, and usually too hot. It was 102 degrees here in Kalispell yesterday, 98 and smokey today. It doesn't feel like archery season yet.

I still have two months , rifle on private land in NM , the second rifle in CO . Been going to the gym , stair stepper and lifting . Still getting new gear , tent and stuff .
I did get the truck gone over , new brakes , plugs / plug wires , cv axles in the front , belts and tensioner / pulley .
Driving myself , 5500 miles round trip , picking a friend up at the airport for the second OTC in Co .

wanna share any details?

One piece ferrule is the same mtl/strength as the target/field points so the tip won't fish hook or bend. Blades are retained entirely by the ferrule; no contact on the back of the blade from the insert face which tends to skew the ferrule off center due to blade length/insert/ferrule tolerances. We went out and shot them thru plywood and steel a few months ago. Antelope and Elk are up in Sept.

330756204_5885945838193756_164271325668698843_n.jpg

Gonna sharpen broad heads tonight and lay all my camp stuff out in the garage. My wife loves this time of year when I scatter all my hunting crap out so I can go over my lists and make sure I have everything
luckily my wife avoids our garage, so she hasn't seen the shit show its become lately

I've never felt so unprepared for elk hunting before, but I'm the strongest I've ever been and switched to heavier arrows and increased draw weight comfortably. I don't have a spot I'm excited about but hopefully something will fall into place. Good luck everyone and stay safe.
20230702_211453.jpg

Couple weeks out yet so getting ready. Just fine tuning everything at this point. Being sick last week didn't help the conditioning at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back