Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Almost time - Are you ready?

No, not ready yet. But getting there. My bow is tuned but its shooter needs a little more practice. Need more logistics discussions with the group. Fall fever has not set in yet, but it is close. Very, very close.

Mid November for me unfortunately. Work commitments until then.

I look forward to the success stories on here. Will get me jacked for November.

Well, does picking a hunt date for our backpacking trip count as almost ready?
^Now that my last check list item is FINALLY decided.... :ROFLMAO:
Gear is sorted and ready, bow shooting is just routine now, meals planned & vac sealed, everything is ready, I could leave in 15mins if I had to. Physical conditioning is the only lacking area, luckily after a day of the shock to my body I get mountain legs under me pretty quick, which leads to my laziness in preparation. In 22 days I'll start the dreaded drive portion.
Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to everyone's success stories! September is magical!

^Now that my last check list item is FINALLY decided.... :ROFLMAO:
Gear is sorted and ready, bow shooting is just routine now, meals planned & vac sealed, everything is ready, I could leave in 15mins if I had to. Physical conditioning is the only lacking area, luckily after a day of the shock to my body I get mountain legs under me pretty quick, which leads to my laziness in preparation. In 22 days I'll start the dreaded drive portion.
Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to everyone's success stories! September is magical!

Can you fly out for a weekend and organize my crap so I can be ready to go in 15 minutes?😁

Picked up the bow for the first time in months, put the hunting sight on, changed the rest blade, pulled the insert out of the peep, grabbed some old arrows and put 140 up front. Went to the indoor range and bare shafted to 15, shot bare shaft and fletched at 20. Shot a cpl ends to get 20 mark set then went to the archery shop and 40 mark was good. Moved over to 60 and it was good as well. Gonna fletch a few more and then shoot Smith Bro's new broadhead to see how the 2.25's stabilize the head. Gear is always packed but I did just buy a new set of Caribou Gear Magnum bags that need vacuum packed and put in the kill kit bag.

I’m packing for three weeks of work NE WY and hope to hunt a few days after Sept 7th right across the border, and plan to hunt more in October. If it’s super hot, I’m going to go fishing and forego hunting until after Oct 3rd. I haven’t been able to bow hunt for elk in 18 years, just hunted rifle seasons since 2005. I’ve been shooting since January and confident to 40-45 yards. Good luck everyone

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back