• Start date
Though none of this will be used out west, I am excited nonetheless
Weathery Vanguard 7mm Rem Mag w/ Leupold 3xi 4.5-14 CDS-ZL
Weatherby Element Waterfowler 12ga
Diamond Infinite Edge Pro (1st bow)
Vortex Ranger range finder
Vortex 10x42 Diamondback
Hornady GMX for the 7RM
Walker Razor ear pro (HAVE to protect that hearing!)

Trying to buy up gear before my escape from Kentucky :p20200825_205522.jpg

Though none of this will be used out west, I am excited nonetheless
Weathery Vanguard 7mm Rem Mag w/ Leupold 3xi 4.5-14 CDS-ZL
Weatherby Element Waterfowler 12ga
Diamond Infinite Edge Pro (1st bow)
Vortex Ranger range finder
Vortex 10x42 Diamondback
Hornady GMX for the 7RM
Walker Razor ear pro (HAVE to protect that hearing!)

Trying to buy up gear before my escape from Kentucky :pView attachment 151947
Looks like a few nice set ups, made for an expensive year tho!

So this will be my first year back pack hunting I’ve stand hunted and walked in and day hunted and walked out so I’m excited to try it and for it I bought a new pack I went with the Mystery Ranch Marshall and I bought a new bow I had shot a Mathews for years but the draw wasn’t quite right for me I went to a dealer and tried out multiple long draw bows that actually fit me and bought a bear species and I love that bow so I’m pumped to hunt with it I’ve been practicing a lot and it was about 1/3 of the cost of my last bow so I’m glad about the savings

the only new thing this year is a costco puffy vest

didn't even get it FOR hunting, but will certainly use it for hunting

also new this year is a dedicated bull elk hunt. since starting hunting three years ago i just kept racking up so many deer and antelope tags between here and wyoming that it pushed dedicated elk hunts out of the schedule. by (bad)luck i now only have deer and elk tags in colorado.

I got a few "new" things that I'm pretty excited to take/try on my archery elk hunt tomorrow; HHA Optimizer sight, Wasp HV broadheads and Luxe Mini Peak XL. Later in the year I'll trying my new puffy pants, exciting times ahead!!!

I also have a blaze orange Stormy Kromer in the mail, I don't know why but I always get excited about hats and I can't wait to wear it this rifle season!

I probably won't get to try them out in the mountains this year but I picked up a new pair of Kenetreks. I've never had anything more expensive than Danners so I'm pretty pumped.

I probably won't get to try them out in the mountains this year but I picked up a new pair of Kenetreks. I've never had anything more expensive than Danners so I'm pretty pumped.
I’ve been going back and forth if I should get a pair of kenetreks Or another nice expensive boot I just worry spending that much on them and then find out my feet don’t agree with them and be stuck with them

Dan Durston X-Mid 2P. Had it set up in the backyard for the last week. We've had about 4" of tropical style rain (huge drops, deluge falls, winds). Not a drop of moisture inside the inner. Condensation on the inside of the fly, which is unavoidable on grass. Drains down the fly to the ground. Overall pleased with this 2.4 pound two person tent. BTW, it's huge for two people and a palace for one. If you don't use trekking poles add carbon poles for 5 more oz of weight.
20200826_081413.jpg

Couple other things I'm looking forward to trying in the field.

Toaks large Ti gasification stove
Toaks-Ti-Backpacking-Stove-Large.jpg

Seek Outside Large U-Turn Stove
20200402_174546.jpg

Bone Valley Desert Ironwood Bushcraft Knife
20200822_142055.jpg

My New Artificial Knee! Best thing I got all year. :) 20200804_095056.jpg

Dan Durston X-Mid 2P. Had it set up in the backyard for the last week. We've had about 4" of tropical style rain (huge drops, deluge falls, winds). Not a drop of moisture inside the inner. Condensation on the inside of the fly, which is unavoidable on grass. Drains down the fly to the ground. Overall pleased with this 2.4 pound two person tent. BTW, it's huge for two people and a palace for one. If you don't use trekking poles add carbon poles for 5 more oz of weight.
View attachment 151978

Couple other things I'm looking forward to trying in the field.

Toaks large Ti gasification stove
View attachment 151979

Seek Outside Large U-Turn Stove
View attachment 151980

Bone Valley Desert Ironwood Bushcraft Knife
View attachment 151982

My New Artificial Knee! Best thing I got all year. :) View attachment 151984
Time to put muscle back on that side, because atrophy is a b****!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back