Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New for this season?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

HT,

Is there a gear item you're excited to use this Fall? Obviously, we all want to use game bags and knives but I'm asking about an item. Whether it's new or a new method of using it, what are you looking forward to test out?

Me:
I have a new MR Beartooth. I appreciate more compartments and organization. This suits my tendencies and I'm excited to try it out!

It's right around the corner!

Not exciting but bought a new marmot sleeping bag. Was a little chilly last year. Exciting is my new bow. Definitely excited about that.

I use 5s early season and drop to 4s late season on shot size for lead and drop a size (3s) for steel. Pheasants and grouse.

Not exciting but bought a new marmot sleeping bag. Was a little chilly last year. Exciting is my new bow. Definitely excited about that.

I use 5s early season and drop to 4s late season on shot size for lead and drop a size (3s) for steel. Pheasants and grouse.
How far are your shots?!? By late season, I'm tempted to use 7½ because they hold so tight! Sleep is a high priority for me so I'd be excited for a new sleeping bag.

How far are your shots?!? By late season, I'm tempted to use 7½ because they hold so tight! Sleep is a high priority for me so I'd be excited for a new sleeping bag.
I tell ya, I have the opposite experience. Especially over the last 5 years or so. I primarily hunt public land in SD. By December, grouse are flushing super early and shots are 40-50 yards (ish). Luckily they are easy to bring down and have good dogs. Pheasants are at least 30 and sometimes 40. Never close. Sounds like I need to go where you are.

I am excited about sleeping better. It just isn't as glamorous a purchase as a new bow that I can shoot almost everyday behind my house.

I tell ya, I have the opposite experience. Especially over the last 5 years or so. I primarily hunt public land in SD. By December, grouse are flushing super early and shots are 40-50 yards (ish). Luckily they are easy to bring down and have good dogs. Pheasants are at least 30 and sometimes 40. Never close. Sounds like I need to go where you are.

I am excited about sleeping better. It just isn't as glamorous a purchase as a new bow that I can shoot almost everyday behind my house.
I used to hunt in Mott, ND but recently it seems like you can't buy a bird out there. Anyways, on windy cold days they hang so tight that they'll sometimes flush behind us. It's a great time for the dog to get it's nose going!

I got a new pack and an Inreach. The flashy one is the pack but I'm more excited about the Garmin. If I can keep in touch with the wife, that leads to less stress and hunt longer. New pack leads to more sleep and, in turn, hunting harder. I think it should be an exciting piece!

I’ve been so blessed this year. Decked out Colorado ZR2, Trail Lite Hybrid Trailer, Tikka T3x Lite Wideland Veil, and a gun bearer to carry it! Thank you to my wonderful wife and sweat Baby Jesus for all these sweet blessings.

Attachments

• 5AC38AF6-C31B-4B4B-937E-75FA7D5DB15F.jpeg
    5AC38AF6-C31B-4B4B-937E-75FA7D5DB15F.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 24
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back