Montana Mountain Goat

One other thing. I've already tried my pack on and am no longer volunteering to carry anyone else's gear. :)

I'd suggest conveniently 'forgetting' to ask Ross about the extra tent until we get in there.

I got my bag loaded and decided I'm shooting the first 40 pound kid we see.

I will carry it along as long as you glad fully accept my log gift to be found on site at the trailhead.

Ahh Ren and Stimpy!

What rolls down stairs
alone or in pairs,
and over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's log, log, log

It's log, it's log,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good."

Everyone wants a log
You're gonna love it, log
Come on and get your log
Everyone needs a log
log log log

All packed....now the waiting continues. At least I can watch football this afternoon and try and pass the time.

Coming in at about 45lbs (minus the food, gas, bear/Geraldspray I mailed to Randy) should be about 52-53lbs going in. BTW, black labs who love socks and gloves are great helpers when you are trying to pack.
IMG_1714.jpg

All set for the flight. Gerald, your tent is in that black bag.
IMG_1715.jpg

Wow. Up to page 6 and the hunt hasn't even started yet.

Have fun on your hunt.

Spent the day hauling in a load of gear and setting up my camp. Not sure if these guys could have found a worse jungle of steep blowdown to navigate. When I walked in the house an hour ago, Mrs. Fin asked what had happened. The gouges and blood mixed with dirt must have caused her alarm.

Now, I only have one more load of production gear to haul in and we should be set. Not sure what my camp gear weighed, but by the time I was entering the third hour of the hike, I was thinking about dumping a few items. Fortunately, all items made it there.

Loren, the camera guy, and I will meet up with them Tuesday morning, assuming we can haul the loads of production gear between the two of us. Thinking we should film this one on a smart phone and leave most that other gear in the truck.

Glad to see you made it out alive. The sacrificial lamb has returned, now we know it is safe for the mules to follow. Looking forward to seeing you on the mountain.

It wasn't that bad ;) . looks good one your in there though doesn't it.

Well, until I found the "trail" a mere 300 yards from the final camp location, "Yes, it was that bad." Is there a shortage on flagging material this year? :D

And yes, once you get there, it looks really good. I hope it is not just a nursery.

I was going to tell Randy11 about the nice billy I glassed from the clearcut. He was all alone, loafing in the shade provided by the spine of that rock ridge coming from the SW. Figured Randy would want to change his plans, so I'll keep that one to myself until the final day. He's probably got a bigger one lined up.

I've done my share of meat hauling for this hunt. The size and species that I am more suited for. Much easier to carry a limit of these than a limit of mountain goat. And, I've yet to find a goat that is as tender and tasty as a young dusky grouse (still a blue grouse to me).

photo.JPG

Sweet shot (picture) .....and sweet shot! :)
Good looking weapon - love those side by sides!
Good luck. Gorgeous looking weather.

I've done my share of meat hauling for this hunt. The size and species that I am more suited for. Much easier to carry a limit of these than a limit of mountain goat. And, I've yet to find a goat that is as tender and tasty as a young dusky grouse (still a blue grouse to me).

View attachment 42918

Four days without a shower is overrated. Goat hunting is not. Sure glad we didn't know Big Fin was done packing meat until we were off the mountain.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back