Montana Mountain Goat

Looks like a pretty easy fire to keep stoked Randy. Know you'll capitalize.

...all aboard!

Great pics! Being able to get to country like that 'for the weekend' makes me hate you a little bit... ;)

It was pretty hardcore. I was glassing that Billy while sitting in my truck, eating take-out sushi, and BSing with a guy with dreadlocks while he was working on his VW Van.

If the goats stay where they were this weekend, we'll be able to have a barbecue and everyone can sit around drinking beer watching me stalk goats.

Last edited:
Love it makes me just sit here and day dream about the high country. Man I hope I am lucky enough one day to chase goats! Love these goat tag stories.

Man your fall is going to be fantastic. Between those dandy tags you have and your M's in the World Series, you are sure to be spoiled.

It was pretty hardcore. I was glassing that Billy while sitting in my truck, eating take-out sushi, and BSing with a guy with dreadlocks while he was working on his VW Van.

If the goats stay where they were this weekend, we'll be able to have a barbecue and everyone can sit around drinking beer watching me stalk goats.
That is not helping your 'status' any. ;) Just jealous of folks that live close to that kind of country.

PS- You're still above a Cubs fan in my ledger! :D

Man your fall is going to be fantastic. Between those dandy tags you have and your M's in the World Series, you are sure to be spoiled.

If they could only play Boston I'd think you're on to something. First time in a long time I'm sad to see the Sox leaving town.

Luckily all my tags are good for either September or November, just in case.

Someone's got mountain goat fever, and I like it!

At what point does it become unhealthy? Is it when I start spotting them on Google Earth?

Goat_zps0dd3b96e.jpg

Congrats! It's going to be an awesome hunt. I drew a different unit in 2011 and had a great time climbing peaks chasing white blobs.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing and keep us posted with new pictures from your next scouting trip or your hunt!

Can't wait to follow along with this one, great pictures enjoy all parts it goes by quickly!

Finally made it back over to my unit to check out some new country. I tried covering as much ground as possible glassing as much goat country as I could from a distance. If you want pictures of billies up close you'll have to go back to T Bone's thread, but I did see an incredible amount of goats. Mainly big groups of nannies and kids, but did find a couple groups of 2-3 big bodied goats that need closer inspection. I didn't keep an exact count, but I think I saw something like 40-45 goats in 12 hours of glassing.

Sorry for the super low quality, most of these were taken at couple miles.

P1060341_zpscd4f45d3.jpg

P1060342_zps4ae03ee8.jpg

P1060348_zpsdb7c97aa.jpg

IMG_0458_zps8d7438e0.jpg

IMG_0465_zpsaac3c314.jpg

IMG_0467_zps32e64e28.jpg

Last edited:
We live where the mountains are steep.
IMG_0504_zpsd0b3ddb8.jpg

Climbing high we don't need no ropes, nope, nope.
IMG_0501_zps8686748e.jpg

IMG_0495_zps65f022ae.jpg

IMG_0485_zpsddb1269a.jpg

IMG_0482_zpsb273a7d9.jpg

Nothing better then waking up in grizzly country, rolling over and watching this guy walk by at 15 feet.

P1060350_zpsb9b39d9f.jpg

Got my blood pumping for a minute.

Great pics. Looks like you will have a good time come fall. Nice spotter BTW;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back