Wyoming Guided Elk Hunt with 5 Points

fattybinz

My old man is going to have 5 points in Wyoming which should be enough for a general tag. He wants to hunt with a grandson that is going to be abroad for a while starting next year or the next. So he wants to hunt in 2024 or 2025. At his age he isn't up for a backcountry pack-in hunt but he also is in good enough shape that he doesn't need to sink down to high fence ranch level. So I'm thinking a private land guided non-mountainous hunt is best. Anyone have any recommendations for a good outfitter that offers these kinds of hunts? His budget is pretty healthy...maybe up to $10-12k

I don’t know if Wyoming has any high fence places, that being said access to a ranch or series of ranches with something between 20k and 200k might give you a whole lot more solitude than hunting in the national forest.
Hiland outfitters; Tom and Terri. No frills, knows the country and elk well, leased ground. Don’t think you get there with 5 points.
Try www.wyomingelkhunts.com. Some of these outfitters have great hunts but you’ll need 10 plus points. Others you’ll be getting there with 5 and the ”special” elk selection.
Off the top of my head I would try Tyler Simms.
I’ve never hunted elk with any of them but I ve packed 40 some elk out on my back and I’ll be 68 this year in Elk camp. Started researching and building points for a couple of years from now, a once in a life time kinda hunt.
You need to get on it if you want to book in 24, good luck.

I would contact Tyler Sims as well.
Some outfitters in the Saratoga side also with ranch type hunts that can be in meadows or up on higher ground.
Iron Mountain Outfitters might have a hunt for him also, in general area with lots of cows too.

My old man is going to have 5 points in Wyoming which should be enough for a general tag. He wants to hunt with a grandson that is going to be abroad for a while starting next year or the next. So he wants to hunt in 2024 or 2025. At his age he isn't up for a backcountry pack-in hunt but he also is in good enough shape that he doesn't need to sink down to high fence ranch level. So I'm thinking a private land guided non-mountainous hunt is best. Anyone have any recommendations for a good outfitter that offers these kinds of hunts? His budget is pretty healthy...maybe up to $10-12k
Did you receive my PM?

With the changes in the price of the special license 5 points might not be enough to draw a general tag in the regular price range and a special elk tag is going to cost about $2000. Something to consider.

If you dad's main goal is to harvest a huge bull and not be subjected to steep canyons and high mountains etc., I would recommend a private guided hunt in New Mexico. Triple C Outfitters, Sierra Blanca Outfitters or Ridgeline Outfitters. All three have access to thousands of acres of private land not National Forest. These outfitters could place your dad in the NM's outfitters pool for the drawing. The purchase of a private land owner's tag is another option. A guaranteed cow tag may be available for the grandson as well. All this could well be within your dad's budget and be an easy successful hunt.

My dad went with Professional Hunting Services this year (3077520771). Amazing experience, passed on a ton of good bulls and shot one the second day of a seven day hunt because the temptation couldn't be restrained any longer. All private land. Highly highly recommended and very reasonable price.

My dad went with Professional Hunting Services this year (3077520771). Amazing experience, passed on a ton of good bulls and shot one the second day of a seven day hunt because the temptation couldn't be restrained any longer. All private land. Highly highly recommended and very reasonable price.
Hmm can't find a lot about them. That makes me nervous

Hmm can't find a lot about them. That makes me nervous
Fair to be skeptical. It is the internet after all! He doesn't advertise and I'm not sure he ever has due to all of his clients repeat or word of mouth. I can send you pictures of our hunt and I have some from his previous clients this year if you're interested too.

Fair to be skeptical. It is the internet after all! He doesn't advertise and I'm not sure he ever has due to all of his clients repeat or word of mouth. I can send you pictures of our hunt and I have some from his previous clients this year if you're interested too.
That would be great. Thank you! Tried PMing you but I think you may not have enough message? Just left a post on your profile with some contact info. Thanks

That would be great. Thank you! Tried PMing you but I think you may not have enough message? Just left a post on your profile with some contact info. Thanks
Sounds good. Yeah sorry I don't have enough time on here for messages!
* Correction I thought you had to have a certain number of posts to message

Last edited:
I found him on the internet. Sounds really good...bulls, private and no grizzlies in the bighorn. Will five points get him a tag?

I found him on the internet. Sounds really good...bulls, private and no grizzlies in the bighorn. Will five points get him a tag?
He has to draw the general tag. 5 points will be close. Sometimes he can put you with someone with more points to pull him higher into the draw but not a guarantee of course. With the change to NR tags going to region it's a possibility that it would take way less than 5 points in a couple years too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back