Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Draw Results Today 6/12

Oak - looks like the herd trampled your odds. Sorry to hear that.

Not at all. My odds didn't change at all from last year. I just thought it funny that WY issued zero non-resident tags in a unit that Huntin' Fool pimped as one of the best in the state.

Not at all. My odds didn't change at all from last year. I just thought it funny that WY issued zero non-resident tags in a unit that Huntin' Fool pimped as one of the best in the state.

***I'm trying to figure that one out too Oak! The final Reg shows there were supposed to be 25 tags issued for unit 87 and only 9 were issued to residents and none to NRs just like you said! I wonder what the deal is with that.

There were 74 special 1st choice applicants and 183 regular 1st choice applicants, likely in part to Huntin' Fool listing it as one of the "better" units in the state. ;)

I'd give more credit to the fact they drastically cut the tags back. 87 has been a high demand area since long before Hunting Foul & Eastmans ever showed up...

I'd give more credit to the fact they drastically cut the tags back. 87 has been a high demand area since long before Hunting Foul & Eastmans ever showed up...

Yes, I know. Where is the emoticon with the point flying over its head? :rolleyes:

My wife and two daughters drew 1st choice antelope tags and my one daughter got a doe antelope tag in the same area. I didn't draw anything but a meat cutter tag. :)

My wife and two daughters drew 1st choice antelope tags and my one daughter got a doe antelope tag in the same area. I didn't draw anything but a meat cutter tag. :)

Nothing wrong with the meat-cutter tag! It makes no difference to me who shoots it, as long as it ends up in my freezer.

struck out on the special antelope buck tag but drew a couple doe tags. Looking forward to getting back to Wyoming as my points continue to build. I figured a lot of people would cash out this year.

Anyone have a taser and know how to use it? That might make me feel better than my current stupor. :eek: I don't know what else you'd give a guy that can't draw an extra cow tag at 90% odds........................................

Only tag I drew was the one I wanted the least. I had to concede my archery mule deer hunt to accompany my brother on his Idaho sheep tag and I ended up with a November Whitetail hunt. I'd make that trade anyday ;).

One daughter will get to whack pronghorn and cow elk. Her sister drew 2 elk tags - extra cow tag and an awesome late bull tag.

I think I'll have plenty to do this fall. Can't wait.
-Cade

Drew my Buck tag but didn't draw does tags. I expected not to after the cut in numbers. I'm taking my in-laws fifth wheel this year. First time for everything I guess.

My youngest son drew an area 7 elk tag and an area 53 antelope tag in his first year as a resident. Since he's currently training at Ft Knox this month he will have to wait to get the good news!
-Dave

I got a lope tag, but missed on the deer. Every unit I applied for in Wyoming experienced significant point creep over last year. From not needing max points to get drawn to all the tags going max point holders this year. I'm glad I have good hunting in my home state.

Two cousins drew antelope buck and doe tags. I was shut out for my general region "B" deer tag.

Looks like I'll have to be on the computer very early for those left-overs.

Good luck to all
the dog

Ya ,I grew that Antelope tag. Miracle Grow is the Key. My bad spelling. The unit I drew took 4 points last year , I had 6, I thought it would take more this year. Glad it worked out...............BOB!

My youngest son drew an area 7 elk tag and an area 53 antelope tag in his first year as a resident. Since he's currently training at Ft Knox this month he will have to wait to get the good news!
-Dave

Looks like there was a glitch with unit 7...as in about 1000 too many tags issued to residents. Total quota was approved by the commission at 1500 combined NR and R tags...they drew over 2200 resident tags alone. Key punch error with some huge consequences. I've been talking with a couple people about how this one will be "solved". I can only think of a few options...either let it stand and shoot up the elk, drop the last 1000 that drew and refund their money, or redraw 1200 from the 2200 that were successful. Its going to be ugly any way you slice it.

Not sure how the GF is going to handle that one, but I wouldnt count on that tag until it was in my hand.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back