Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

300 prc

xgener

I just did some work for a really good friend and I just found out he had custom built 300 prc done for me. I will not have it until next week. So my question is starting points for reloads, powder, bullets, etc. NX-8 is going on it, and it will be suppressed. I am numb right now that friend did this for me. The action ( i am not sure yet, I snooped like a little before christmas) the rifling etc. not sure but I know will be first class. But I hope some you 300 prc guys can help find a starting point for loading. I promise I will share the rifle when I take possession.

No big deal. I hate social media. All I asked was bit of help on recipe to get a load. could care less about all you incredible hunting tales. this site is basically white liberal a-holes who think they are better than everyone. you all got your government buzz guy. Please mr finn guy cancel me. Erase my everything. thank you

Ah the internet, a lovely place. I hope his free gun shoots like shit and his that this generous individual makes better friends in the future.

Wow! What brought on that irrational response? I would suggest a reloading forum but I suspect you've already been banned?

I shot one round of 300 PRC two years ago in Africa. Property owner handed me his rifle at his very fancy range. I hit the target about 2" to the right of the bull ... at 1,000 meters!

You been drinkin OP?

Here’s the super secret info you were lookin for:

Or look for the 300 PRC cartridge guide on long range only.

I've had good luck with both H1000 and RL-26 with 225 ELDm's in my 300 prc. RL-26 produced more velocity than H1000 but I'm about out of RL-26 and it's impossible to find so I'll look to N570 when the time comes. As @Wind Gypsy linked above, there's lots of information available for the 300 prc.

The "shoot factory ammo" was solid advice. Buy a few different boxes and see what it likes, then try to replicate it and then tweak it to optimize it.

I would a box of both the Hornady 212 and 225 factory loads. If you look around they are reasonably priced. I would bet one of them or both shoot sub moa if you can. Go from there.

Mine shoots really well with the eldx factory ammo - want to try eldms.

Theres way better online resources than hunttalk for reloading data, but the best data comes out of the book that the bullet manufacturer published imho.

Welcome to the Internet? You asked for advice on the internet and freaked out when someone shared their opinion. Bit of an over-reaction, no?

Sounds like you have a great friend to do this for you. I hope you find what you're after, and maybe an anti-anxiety in the process.

H1000 is basically fairy dust in my parts. If you find some, that would be where I would start. Otherwise the slower burning Vihtavuori powders are pretty readily available.

Back