PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Draw Results Today 6/12

Struck out on my "bonus" antelope and deer tags. With the mountain goat tag and elk tag already in my pocket, I just applied for tags very close to the same area or in the same area with overlapping hunt dates that were just going to become bonus tags if I tagged out on my primary tags. Would have been super cool to hunt mountain goat, elk, antelope and mule deer in a single trip to Wyoming though!

My friends applied for resident elk tags in the unit that I drew and were unsuccessful as well.

Short of drawing a Arizona sheep tag with 2 points, I think I have my 2014 hunting season set.

Swing and a miss for Wyoming and Colorado for me. I guess waterfowl hunting it is. Anybody want to buy some rifles?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No antelope for me, but a region M deer tag. Should be fun exploring new country.

Uncle Larry applied for a deer tag that last year he would have cleared the point hurdle by two points, based on points he had going into the draw. This year, he was one of the few in his point pool that did not draw.

Dang, a two-point jump in the amount of points to draw that tag, over the course of one year. I promised him it would be a deer/antelope combo hunt. Looks like an antelope/antelope combo hunt.

The drawings in Wyoming looked to be pretty tough this year after reviewing the draw odds.

I knew it would be.

Pretty sad when I feel my wife and I were "lucky" to draw a second choice pronghorn.

I did manage to snag a first choice bull elk tag and a type-6 cow/calf tag as well.

Congrats to those that drew...

Five antelope pref points got me a goose egg in an area that would have been 100 percent last year. See what six brings me next year!

Looks like left-over cow/calf for me again.

Thank you Rooster for putting this up. I didn't expect it so soon. I have 2 of the luckiest daughters!! They drew 1st choice antelope tags with zero points. The Mrs. and I drew 2nd choice doe tags a long ways from the girls, so we will focus on theirs first and fill doe tags if time allows. If it doesn't that's ok, as letting another doe live is probably a good thing at this time.

Residents decided they wanted all their tags for my unit so the NR quota dropped to the prescribed amount. Good thing I decided to add a 2nd choice. Cow leftover will be a gimme so now I just need to find an additional doe antelope unit for tags 3/4.

I noticed that it appears no non-resident mule deer tags were issued for unit 87 deer, and only 9 resident tags. There were 74 special 1st choice applicants and 183 regular 1st choice applicants, likely in part to Huntin' Fool listing it as one of the "better" units in the state. ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back