Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Would you still hunt with....

Would you hunt with someone with a hunting Violation ?

• Yes, It doesn't matter if he/she has taken game out of season or multiple animals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they haven't been convicted.

• As long as it wasn't serious.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm not answering your dumb Questions.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, not even if it was because he punched the wrong date on his tag.

• Total voters
A rancher that doesn't have or use a 4 wheeler to help operate (in some fashion) their ranch is nuts. It's like a framer not using a nail gun and only a hammer. The ranchers I know well in central Montana use both. The horses for sorting and searching coulees and the wheelers to check the far remote flat areas. I highly doubt that you don't have a 4 wheeler on your ranch that is used to help spray weeds, check cows, water, ect...

NO 4-Wheeler! You are entitled to your opinion on whether someone is nuts for not having a 4-wheeler on their ranch. A lot of areas on our ranch are not 4-wheeler accessible, thus the horse can go where the 4-Wheeler can't. Is it really feasible to use the 4-wheeler to check water when 2 of the 3 ranches are 40 miles apart? I think you know the answer to that.

Jose,

I have friends on Hunttalk? :eek:

I have an even better idea. If my FRIENDS:eek: on hunttalk have some money that they could use to bid for leasing rights to my ranch why don't they take that money and collectively buy their own ranch and they could hunt to their hearts content! They could also pay the taxes on the ranch, they could pay for the upkeep of the ranch, they could hire someone to run it for them :D and then everything would be right in the world.

After all, I wanted a ranch, so I bought it. Hmmm, you guys want a place to hunt YOUR game animals, you could buy it! If you need the name of some reputable realtors, let me know, but without knowing what you have, I may have a hard time making a recommendation. :)

Maybe I could come hunt on your "HUNTTALK RANCH"?
Oh, I forgot, I don't hunt, the only thing I have ever hunted and killed was a Boone and Crockett Porcupine by using the "spot and stalk" technique. Thanks for the idea!

Uhhhh, I already own all the land, all the cows, all the pasture, all the hay ground, all the tractors, and all the phone numbers to veterinarians, feed stores, hay brokers, sale yards, and packing plants I need. I still have registered white face cows with blood lines going back to the ones I bought from my Grandma when I was 11 years old and we had my Grandpa's dispersal sale after his passing.

Somehow I am guessing that buying a ranch in Montana would not quite fit into the current cow/calf operation I have. And yes, I have had Hunttalk'ers hunt on my place, never charged them a trespass fee.

But, why are you only willing to lease your ranch hunting to an Outfitter, and not to a bunch of your friends?

I rest my case on who is being completely dishonest about their ranch and their intentions.

Nemont

Where in this have I been dishonest about my ranch and/or my intentions. ALSO, just for the record... A herd of 50 + antelope being chased by hunters in a pickup using CB's and communicating with another pickup CAN tear down a mile of fence!

Uhhhh, I already own all the land, all the cows, all the pasture, all the hay ground, all the tractors, and all the phone numbers to veterinarians, feed stores, hay brokers, sale yards, and packing plants I need. I still have registered white face cows with blood lines going back to the ones I bought from my Grandma when I was 11 years old and we had my Grandpa's dispersal sale after his passing.

Somehow I am guessing that buying a ranch in Montana would not quite fit into the current cow/calf operation I have. And yes, I have had Hunttalk'ers hunt on my place, never charged them a trespass fee.

But, why are you only willing to lease your ranch hunting to an Outfitter, and not to a bunch of your friends?

Still not sure who you are considering MY FRIENDS! PLUS, glad to hear that you are a rancher. You asked me to consider leasing my ranch to members of hunttalk, so in no way did I know that you were not considering yourself in that group. No one said I was only willing to lease to an outfitter, I was looking for information and evidently stirred up a touchy topic. After seeing the overwhelming response (not) I got in asking about the outfitters, BS (no dummy) did get in contact with several listed on the MOGA site and we received MORE information than I can even process!

Where in this have I been dishonest about my ranch and/or my intentions. ALSO, just for the record... A herd of 50 + antelope being chased by hunters in a pickup using CB's and communicating with another pickup CAN tear down a mile of fence!

So now the story changes once again. For real 50 little antelope can tear down an entire side of one sections fence? What do you make your fences out of? Silly string and Linguini noodles?

we received MORE information than I can even process!

Nemont

So now the story changes once again. For real 50 little antelope can tear down an entire side of one sections fence? What do you make your fences out of? Silly string and Linguini noodles?

Nemont
"herd of 50+ antelope that they ran through the mile of fence trying to run them down with their trusty pickup truck! "

No story change here asshole!

"herd of 50+ antelope that they ran through the mile of fence trying to run them down with their trusty pickup truck! "

No story change here asshole!

NEMONT, We don't fence with silly string and linguini noodles, but I bet there is a good chance that a few of your body parts would resemble that!

NEMONT, We don't fence with silly string and linguini noodles, but I bet there is a good chance that a few of your body parts would resemble that!

attemptingtogiveadamn0uc_306.gif

Nut,

Please don't put her in time out. That is exactly what they want so that they can show their friends that hunters do not want landowners/oufitters to have their own opinions. I would rather you just let her keep posting.

Thanks,

Nemont

Still not sure who you are considering MY FRIENDS! PLUS, glad to hear that you are a rancher. You asked me to consider leasing my ranch to members of hunttalk, so in no way did I know that you were not considering yourself in that group. No one said I was only willing to lease to an outfitter, I was looking for information and evidently stirred up a touchy topic.

Why do you think someone owning cows can't be a hunter?

That is pretty telling you think Hunters and Ranchers have to be on opposite sides of the "fence".

I think this has been the best thread on this site since I joined it.

NO 4-Wheeler! You are entitled to your opinion on whether someone is nuts for not having a 4-wheeler on their ranch. A lot of areas on our ranch are not 4-wheeler accessible, thus the horse can go where the 4-Wheeler can't. Is it really feasible to use the 4-wheeler to check water when 2 of the 3 ranches are 40 miles apart? I think you know the answer to that.

So, let me get this straight, the 40 miles apart is to far to ride 4 wheelers, but you can ride your horses that far? Or maybe, you just load them up in a trailer and haul them? Sure couldn't do that with a four wheeler, though could you? Or maybe you just have horses at both places, guess you couldn't do that with 4 wheelers either?:confused::rolleyes:|oo

I join the crowd that is calling BS.

NeMont, to back up her story on the antelope and the CB's and the pickup's and tearing down the fence..........it really did happen and they did F$^# up the fence pretty bad. They not only ran them through one spot but kept after them until they had run them through numerous places and did raise some serious havec. Only one showed up in the yard asking permission and little did we know that there were 2 more vehicles in the party. Permission was given, (now read that again "Permission was given") to a truck load of total strangers and that is what the result was. Now again NeMont, for about the third time, I am not putting anyone on this site into that category because you are all better than that, but.....this is what landowners have to deal with all fall and that is why landowners look forward to the sun going down on the last day of hunting season like kids look forward to Christmas day.

Nut.....does the "time out chair" have cup holders and a place to put your feet up?

NeMont, Greenie....The answer to your question is "Yes", "Africa Hot"!!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back