what knife???

I still carry a Buck 110, not sure I will ever carry a different knife. I think most have issues putting an edge on a blade, that is a whole other topic.

I have carried many knives with me over the years and always go back to my Buck knife with a gut hook for the following reasons:
1) My dad gave it to me at age 12 so I feel some nostalgia every time I use it.
2) Keeps an edge well
3) I carry a small pencil style sharpener - so instead of a new blade I just run a few swipes down to refresh the edge and viola.
4) I like having a wider grip and a blade guard while I am cutting up an animal. The small grip on the havalon does not suit my grip and I get fatigued fast while doing detail work, especially when it is cold out and slippery with blood.

I finally bought the Havalon fillet knife and that thing is incredible. Cuts through salmon scales and skin like butter and came with 5 extra blades that fit in the knife pouch. I still use my old Forschners and Bucks for hunting though.

i now only carry 2 havalon knives.. not sure why i carry 2 except to let my buddys use. i use to carry a havalon and other brands but never used the others. i love mine.

I always carry 4 or 5 bucklite folding knives. They hold an edge and usually I can get through 3 or 4 elk before I need to sharpen any of them.

Gonna go Havalon. As I age, and am planning on carrying a spotting scope from now on, the rest of my gear needs to go on a diet. mtmuley

Packing a havalon for the last couple years for smaller big game and a 5" forchner boning knife for bigger animals. Still leaving the "hunting" knives at home. The boning knife is 10 better than the havalon when it comes time to getting down to work.

Packing a havalon for the last couple years for smaller big game and a 5" forchner boning knife for bigger animals. Still leaving the "hunting" knives at home. The boning knife is 10 better than the havalon when it comes time to getting down to work.

I still carry at a min 2 knives. Traditionalist I guess. Not a minimalist.

Back