Priced Out of Replacement Blade Knives

I carry more knives than I carry tags.
I do try to resharpen touch up my replaceable blades(Gerbers) but also carry a fixed knife. I have a serrated blade for one of the replaceable that I would like to try on a couple knee joints but first is killing something.
Hair seems to dull my replacement blades so I swap back and forth depending on cut.

Still expensive but $60 for 100 for the same #60 blade.

MedBlades Box of 100 Carbon Steel Blades, Sterile, Individually Foil Wrapped. Dental, Surgical, Veterinary, Dermaplane, Hobby, Craft & More (# 60, Carbon) https://a.co/d/1fYt6Fg

Update....These came in yesteday and I tried one out. Unfortunately, the fit is way too tight on my Havalon Piranta, and it won't be practical to keep them. It requires an exceptional amount of downward pressure to get the blade locked in, and pliers with equal strength to get it off. Not something I can fool with and a high risk of getting cut BAD either way.

Was worth a shot and I really wanted them to work.

Update....These came in yesteday and I tried one out. Unfortunately, the fit is way too tight on my Havalon Piranta, and it won't be practical to keep them. It requires an exceptional amount of downward pressure to get the blade locked in, and pliers with equal strength to get it off. Not something I can fool with and a high risk of getting cut BAD either way.

Was worth a shot and I really wanted them to work.
Thanks for the update. I was hoping that they would work.

I ran through 4 blades last night cutting up a big boar hog and thought nothing of it. I like a sharp edge and replacement blades are (were) cheap. Realized I'm getting low and hopped online to buy a bulk pack of 50 for my havalon and was floored.....$100! Absolute insanity as I bought a box last year for $35 and $30 two years before that. Anyone have any insight on that? I know everything has gotten stupid expensive, but that's crazy.

I'm priced out of the replacement blade knives and figure I can now justify the investment of a great knife for skinning and butchering game.

Any recommendations? I've been a havalon guy for 10 years and daily carry a case trapper in carbon steel.

Looking for something light that holds a good edge and can be sharpened relatively easily in the field.

Thanks in Advance
BIDENOMICS in action.

I would suggest either a s90v benchmade of the right shape for skinning or a s110v spyderco Military or Military 2. Or if you are good about cleaning your knives and truly want the best edge possible Spyderco offers some knives (paramilitary 2) in Maxamet. It's to s90v what s90v is to 5 dollar walmart knives. Spyderco also is much more for your money, not paying the butterfly tax and all.

Skill issue. Learn to straighten the edge with a small steel or ceramic stick. You'll keep your blade very sharp throughout the process.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back