Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

weapons of mass destruction found

I can also recognize a jerk at first sight Elkgunner! Did your momma and daddy have any children who lived?? :D

Danr55, are you including my friend as your 3rd source? If so, after 30 years with CIA my friend chose to retire and go to the private sector not because he was forced out by Klinton cuts, but rather because it was time and he was also very, very frustrated by what the Bush administration was doing. In his 30 years he was reponsible for intel from many countries, including a few in the middle east. They guy is probably the most intelligent person ive ever known, and he really thinks Bush has made some unforgiveable mistakes when it comes to foreign policy.

Since my friend views me as a simple country bumpkin, I suspect he might not appreciate me saying as much as i have about him on here, but i will email him and see if i can get him to give a response to the issues in this thread.

Mr. Dog

But Paws, I was defending you, telling Buzz to quit bothering you for any "proof" of you assertations.

I am on your side, I think Buzz is just a big, mean, ol' Bully, picking on you, just because you wear glasses.....

Thanks for the support there Elkgunner; but, you might want to stand back. Hate to see an innocent get hurt catching any of my flack. :eek: Don't worry about Paws; I have been handeling my own for more years than you have been out of diapers!
hump.gif

Paws,

You'll get respect when you earn it. Being retired, old, fat, blind, and out-of-shape doesnt automatically earn you respect, at least not in my camp.

Is it just me, or did the insults start appearing as soon as ElkGunner started posting again? Not saying he started them, maybe he's just a bad influence. :eek: :confused:

Don't you know?? Elkgunner and Buzz H are the same nonentity Buzz; I'd really enjoy the opportunity to meet you in person. Name the place and time so this fat, retired, blind, old man can earn some respect.
hump.gif
(I'll fund the entire project!) Please don't disappoint me now!!

"assertations" ??? ElkGunner??? Did you mean assertions??? In either case my conclusions, opinions, predictions, etc. are hardly assertions as assertions elude to a reasonably firm state of being. Projections based on the best information are fluid as the quality or quantity of information changes.

[ 05-21-2004, 05:07: Message edited by: pawclaws ]

"the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, " You really think anyone with this particular mentality is capable of respecting anyone or anything??

"the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, " You really think anyone with this particular mentality is capable of respecting anyone or anything??
Paws, come on it is a quote from Norman Maclean's, A River Runs Through It, Don't think you can judge Buzz on a quote from a book. Can't figure out all the respect everyone wants around here. If Buzz doesn't respect you does that really change your life.

Respectfully yours

Nemont

Nemont,
Perhaps if one lives in a hole in the ground in Ohio, he would not be aware of Maclean's book. One of the truly great writings in American Lit.

I am surprised he did not see the movie, if for nothing else, I would imagine he would be enjoying staring at Brad Pitt....

It is funny those who cry for Respect, but are the same ones who are aghast at PC'ness....

Buzz has my respect, as he kills big critters, understands the critters, and also has opinions that he will speak, and defend on non-hunting topics. Even when he is wrong, his opinions are well-founded, and he is wrong on the Grazing issues....

EG,
Even when he is wrong, his opinions are well-founded, and he is wrong on the Grazing issues....
While I respect your right to disagree with Buzz on grazing issues you need to respect the insight he has. I respect him because he is correct on grazing issues.

This feels like a Barney post
grouphug.gif
let's all join hands and respect each other.

Respectfully Yours,

Nemont

Paws,

To follow up with what Nemont and Gunner pointed out...I'm truly sorry you havent read any of Macleans work, and that you live so far from Missoula, Montana.

I kind of like Macleans stuff, good writer who I had the privelege of meeting and talking with a few times. One of my best friends also worked with Maclean doing research for his book, "Young Men and Fire". Plus, Maclean writes about the area where I was born and raised...Missoula. My Grandfather built our cabin on the Blackfoot River in 1946. The first fish I ever caught in my life was from the Blackfoot river. My first recollections of fishing are of the days myself, my Dad, and Grandfather spent on the Blackfoot catching 2-3 pound cutthroat on size 2 or 4 hand tied Potts hair flies (tiger and sandy mites).

Just showing a little respect to an Author who was also fortunate enough to enjoy the best place on earth...

Don't feel sorry there Buzz. I am well aware of Mr. Maclean's achievements. Read one of his works while he was staying with my friend's family. Professor Butterworth, Professor of American Literature, Ohio University 1962 I think. Merely disturbed at what I believed to be your "out of context use" of his quote. I stand corrected. Having reviewed your oratory I believe what you have said truly is an honest assessment of your beliefs. Elkgunner on the other hand; I hope you have the opportunity to spend significant amounts of time overseas preferably in hostile situations! :D See if maybe you can find yourself a positive male role model. Perhaps someone like Hilary Clinton or Janet Reno!
hump.gif

I would suppose one would have to see the era it was written in. In the times we are living in as of right now, it has a total different meaning when taken out of context by the fact that is all there is showing... Who knows Buzz, with the history you have around the Bitteroot and mine, we are probably related some where, now wouldn't that be really funny...
My ancestors moved into the valley around 1850-1860 I would have to look it up in the family funny book to see for sure... :D

Paws,
I think you missed one of the all time best digs Buzz could have poked you with.

"...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana."
And Buzzes little dig
I'm truly sorry you havent read any of Macleans work, and that you live so far from Missoula, Montana.
That is pretty funny.

Nemont

Nemont,

I think Paws frequently misses some of the truly hidden gems.... Right over his head.... It is unfortunate, as life would likely be more enjoyable for him, had he ever acquired a sense of humour along life's path.

Gosh Paws, and to think I was soon gonna be respectin' you and all your wisdom.... Based upon your extensive knowledge of conspiracy theories.....

Nemont, Elkgunner,

I was laughing so hard when I was writing that, I could hardly type it...glad somebody is paying attention.

Paws said, "I'd really enjoy the opportunity to meet you in person. Name the place and time so this fat, retired, blind, old man can earn some respect."

Since we're on the Maclean quotes, he sums up your above statement pretty accurately, would be my guess...

"We both thought that most bastards aren't so tough as they talk--even bastards who look as well as talk tough. If suddenly they feel a few teeth loose, they will rub their mouths, look at the blood on their hands, and offer to buy a drink for the house. 'But even if they still feel like fighting', as my brother said, 'you are one big punch ahead when the fight starts.'"

Tell me paws, how many drinks have you bought for the house????

Back