PEAX Equipment

weapons of mass destruction found

Not a good day for the ''Bush lied'' proponents.
fight.gif

Is it less of a speach than Klinon or Kerry state? Is it full of less "lies" and "deciete". It is funny how some people will hold one or two sentences and just pound them to death of what some say, and just totally ignore the perpetual lies that others they want to believe in state. Lets be a little more even handed here... ;)

Hey I like holding on to those one or two statements... Such as

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."

"It depends on how you define alone"

"There were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it.
I didn't inhale and never tried it again."

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that."

Originally posted by BuzzH:
A-con,

Do you remember what Bush said in his Oct. 7 2002 speech?

I do.
Do you remember what the UN Security Council said on Nov 11, 2002?

I do.
...“Recognizing the threat Iraq's non-compliance with Council resolutions and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and long-range missiles poses to international peace and security, ...

O.K. Let's stop annoying Buzz with all those bothersome facts , it only pushes him further to the dark side . If he is ever to see the light , it must come from within . In his heart and mind he now knows that this war is totally justified , he only needs the courage to accept the truth .

Buzz , the first step to recovery is admitting your denial . This will take a lot of sack , but I know you can do it . We're all here for you .

Start by saying ; ''Hello my name is Buzz , and I hate the president ''.

Now don't you feel better ?

Next , try some simple phrases like '' yes they found sarin gas in Iraq ''.
And sarin gas is bad isn't it ? Yes ! Very good Buzz , you've taken the first step toward salvation .

If you feel strong enough , try admitting to someone that you've seen the Al Qaeda video and have accepted it . Go slow for now , try saying out loud ''I have seen the video , and it is real''.

Congratulations Buzz , you will soon be free from the weight of this denial you've been carrying for so long .

Wow, I'm impressed, that sounds like good advice. I'm going to go eat lunch with a liberal democrat now, I'll see what they say today.

look what's in that article:

"Iraqi Scientist: You Will Find More

Gazi George, a former Iraqi nuclear scientist under Saddam's regime, told Fox News he believes many similar weapons stockpiled by the former regime were either buried underground or transported to Syria. He noted that the airport where the device was detonated is on the way to Baghdad from the Syrian border."

I herd from one of the soldiers that was first to get into Bagdad that Saddam had like 8 semi's of gold bars sent to Syria too. I never checked it out, any stories on that?

Tom, the eight semi's with 40 foot trailers were filled with cash.. $100 bills and 100 pound British notes. Approx. 9.3 billion dollars worth. It was all confiscated before it left the country. There was a tanker full of gold bullion that was stopped. One of the guys who worked here and was called up by his guard unit was among the GIs who captured that tanker. Reportedly, there was 27,000 pounds of gold in 60 pound ingots.

:cool:

Don't forget the Mustard gas set up similar to the 115 of Sarin, this was found on May 2 (?) , but has gotten very little attention.

Also another thought, does anyone really believe these shells were discarded armed?

what about the "pesticides for farming" that were stored in camoflaged bunkers???

I understand that they are nasty when mixed?

Hangar18,

Do you remember how much support the U.N. gave the U.S. when Bush asked for it???

I do.

It would be good to find some evidence that we are at war in Iraq for the original reasons, BUT people shouldnt grasp at straws too quick on this sarin, it looks as if the bomb was supposedly from the 1980s.....and this is a far cry from VX, the 25,000 liters of anthrax; 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin; and 30,000 (29,999?) munitions capable of delivering chemical agents.......

"""A ROADSIDE bomb containing the nerve gas sarin exploded near a US military convoy in Iraq, US officials revealed yesterday.
But a weapons expert dismissed the find as "no big deal".

"And a senior military source said the small amount of sarin in an artillery shell used in the device did not mean there were stockpiles.
He said the shell dated back to the Iran-Iraq war of 1980-88 and the rebels probably did not know what the looted round contained. It was designed to produce sarin in flight and release it on explosion. But experts say the amount from a roadside bomb would be very low."
<more>
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14250393&method=full&...

Sarin Find 'Does Not Point to Huge Wmd Programme'
<snip>
Professor Alastair Hay, of Leeds University, who has worked on chemical warfare related issues for nearly 30 years, said: “It’s an old munition, not something that could be used as evidence that Iraq had a massive programme of weapons of mass destruction.
“We know that Iraq had these munitions, we knew many had been destroyed, some by Iraq, many under the auspices of the United Nations Special Committee (UNSCOM), after the Gulf War and until 1998. This may have been a shell that was overlooked in that particular destruction.
“It will be a straw that the US and UK governments may want to grab hold of, but it’s too early to say it’s of major significance.”
<more>
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2939304

Former U-S weapons inspector offers thoughts on sarin-laden bomb
<snip>
David Kay says it's possible the shell is one of the thousands of shells produced during the ten-year Iran-Iraq war that may have been overlooked.
Saddam Hussein was supposed to have destroyed those weapons in the mid-90s.
Kay tells The Associated Press he doubts there is a hidden stockpile of nerve agent weapons. But he's also not willing to entirely rule it out.
http://www.whnt19.com/Global/story.asp?S=1873779

Originally posted by BuzzH:
Hangar18,

Do you remember how much support the U.N. gave the U.S. when Bush asked for it???

I do.
Yup, and it's pretty pathetic if you ask me. They adopt resolution after resolution, and then are unwilling to seek accountability. They were in agreement with Bush as to the threat, the text I posted says that. When they figured out Bush was going to act upon this information, which the administration said they would do and got it on the record in Nov 2002, only then did they show their true colors. What is their purpose if they are not willing to follow through?

All they did was reaffirm the credibility of the statement "Get the US out of the UN."

The point I was trying to make is, again, where did the Bush administration, in it's claims of WMD's, propagate a unique and original lie that legitimizes the claims of "Bush lied"? There are legitimate, substantiated quotes from parts of speeches all over the internet in which someone else said everything Bush said. And again, the only difference I see in them as opposed to Bush is that Bush acted on that information, as if it were a real and substantial threat to our country's national security. That's not unabashed loyalty to Bush - I have issues with how things are going as much as anyone. I'll save that for another topic.

Do you remember what David Kay said? "We know that terrorists were passing through Iraq. And now we know that there was little control over Iraq's weapons capabilities. I think it shows that Iraq was a very dangerous place. The country had the technology, the ability to produce, and there were terrorist groups passing through the country -- and no central control."

How about Colin Powell? "Iraq today harbors a deadly terrorist network headed by Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi." I am quite sure he was identified as the sick phock that sawed Nick Berg's head off.

Hangar18,

If Bush really didnt know what Sadam did or didnt have...why didnt he??? Further, why did he MAKE statements, to the American Public, that he couldnt substantiate? Is that showing good leadership? Is it good policy to go to war on a maybe or a might? No, and Bush knew it, and thats precisely why he didnt use words like "may have", "possibly have", or "might have" in his 7 October, 2002 war speech.

Isnt it the responsibility of the CIC to know whether or not his statements are true? Is it not also his responsibility to take accountability for his statements and actions?

Lets not cloud the issue with what Powell, Kay, Rove, etc. etc. etc. said, lets stick to what the CIC said.

Lets not cloud the issue with what Powell, Kay, Rove, etc. etc. etc. said, lets stick to what the CIC said.
That's not clouding the issue IMO. In fact it is making my point. I am saying, if Bush lied, then the whole world was lying also. Not one person came out and said unequivocally that Iraq had no WMD's. No, I guess one person did say that - Saddam Hussein.

That is my point.

I did not mention Rove. Please, please never accuse me of quoting Rove LOL!

Buzz wouldn't admit he was wrong if Sadam himself broke out of his cell and dropped a load of sarin in an Idaho trout stream !
Buzz & Elkgunr, it's time to say, on this one issue, Bush was right.
You know (everyone knows ) there's lots more, eather hidden in the desert or across the border.
One pissant littel shell isn't any big deal, but it does prove the exsistance of WMD in Iraq. He had them before ( remember the gassing of the Kurds ) and this shows they are still there.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back