weapons of mass destruction found

paws, "I didn't need to go beyond the first entry!! They are usually arranged according to the most accepted or most recognized definitions!"

Are you trying to say that the rest of them are not accepted? (I sure hope you're not.)

WOW, I didn't realize we're dealing with a genius now in SI!! :D :D I'm awestruck!

No Ithica I wasn't trying to say anything. I said exactly what I intended to say. Don't be awstruck; I'm not the only genius IQ posting on these boards.

Paws,
Here is my observation of many people who have high IQ's. Most people that know their IQ have zero personality and even less day to day common sense.

I have met more stupid GS-14's that had high IQ's vs. average every day people who have a degree from the school of hard knocks.

If you are so educated why do you constantly call out anyone who "disrespects and disagrees" with your positions on issues. I thought education taught you to consider many different ideas and points of view.

Nemont

Nemont your entire post is bull shit and you damn well know it! :(

Paws,
Look I am not the one posting my IQ or my GS rating and stating that I most likely have more education then anyone else on this board.
My IQ is 134 which is just barely genius level.
If you are referring to my education; that is a different story. I doubt there are many who have as much as I have
I was stating my observations, I still believe I am entitled to observe, I have met more people with advanced degrees and supposed higher education who could discuss the general theory of relativity but didn't have the common sense god gave a gnat. I have also met several GS-14s, who were stupid they said and did stupid things.

If that is bullshit so be it. I guess I call'em like I see'em.

Nemont

"I was stating my observations, I still believe I am entitled to observe, I have met more people with advanced degrees and supposed higher education who could discuss the general theory of relativity but didn't have the common sense god gave a gnat. I have also met several GS-14s, who were stupid they said and did stupid things.

If that is bullshit so be it. I guess I call'em like I see'em.
" replied Nemont.

Nemont this is what you said:

"Paws,
Here is my observation of many people who have high IQ's. Most people that know their IQ have zero personality and even less day to day common sense.

I have met more stupid GS-14's that had high IQ's vs. average every day people who have a degree from the school of hard knocks.

If you are so educated why do you constantly call out anyone who "disrespects and disagrees" with your positions on issues. I thought education taught you to consider many different ideas and points of view.

Nemont
"

[1] "Most people that know their IQ have zero personality and even less day to day common sense."

Nemont this is not an opinion nor an observation it is a mis-statement of fact. It is also an untrue mis-statement of fact. This group would include all people who have ever been given an IQ test and made aware of the results. That is quite a large number of people. Knowing one's Intelligence Quotient can not be correlated with one's personality or lack thereof. Part two: there is no defined characteristic termed common sense. If sense were common then everyone by definition would have it. It would most closely resemble instinct. In my humble opinion your "observations" are merely an attempt to belittle intelligence and education. In my humble opinion this is a really silly position.

[2] "I have met more stupid GS-14's that had high IQ's vs. average every day people who have a degree from the school of hard knocks."

Nemont this is a rather complex statement asserting I'm really not sure what. I'll give it a go. Are you saying that GS14s with high IQs are stupid? Maybe you are saying that people with average IQs are more intelligent than GS14s with high IQs? Are you saying that uneducated people are smarter than educated people? Beats the hell out of me what you are saying here. In any case none of the inferences I csame up with make any sense at all.

[3]"If you are so educated why do you constantly call out anyone who "disrespects and disagrees" with your positions on issues. I thought education taught you to consider many different ideas and points of view."

Nemont you do me a dis-service here my friend. I have never shown disrespect for opposing views, opinions, etc. I have certainly never called anyone out over a difference in viewpoints. Education to some extent certainly does provide the opportunity to examine, review, understand, and consider different points of view. I consider that one of the benefits of a vast, enriched education.

[4]"Paws,
Look I am not the one posting my IQ or my GS rating and stating that I most likely have more education then anyone else on this board. "

Of course you aren't; I posted that! What's your point?? My IQ is 134, I retired as a GS-13, and my formal education includes degrees in Business Administration, Economics, Management, and Human Resources Management. Those are all four year degrees except of course the Masters. Do you believe that most posters on these boards have four degrees or more? I don't. So what??

posted 05-24-2004 15:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was stating my observations, I still believe I am entitled to observe, I have met more people with advanced degrees and supposed higher education who could discuss the general theory of relativity but didn't have the common sense god gave a gnat. I have also met several GS-14s, who were stupid they said and did stupid things.

If that is bullshit so be it. I guess I call'em like I see'em." replied Nemont.

Nemont this is what you said:

"Paws,

Nemont"

[1] "Most people that know their IQ have zero personality and even less day to day common sense."

Nemont this is not an opinion nor an observation it is a mis-statement of fact. It is also an untrue mis-statement of fact. This group would include all people who have ever been given an IQ test and made aware of the results. That is quite a large number of people. Knowing one's Intelligence Quotient can not be correlated with one's personality or lack thereof. Part two: there is no defined characteristic termed common sense. If sense were common then everyone by definition would have it. It would most closely resemble instinct. In my humble opinion your "observations" are merely an attempt to belittle intelligence and education. In my humble opinion this is a really silly position.

[2] "I have met more stupid GS-14's that had high IQ's vs. average every day people who have a degree from the school of hard knocks."

Nemont this is a rather complex statement asserting I'm really not sure what. I'll give it a go. Are you saying that GS14s with high IQs are stupid? Maybe you are saying that people with average IQs are more intelligent than GS14s with high IQs? Are you saying that uneducated people are smarter than educated people? Beats the hell out of me what you are saying here. In any case none of the inferences I csame up with make any sense at all.

[3]"If you are so educated why do you constantly call out anyone who "disrespects and disagrees" with your positions on issues. I thought education taught you to consider many different ideas and points of view."

Nemont you do me a dis-service here my friend. I have never shown disrespect for opposing views, opinions, etc. I have certainly never called anyone out over a difference in viewpoints. Education to some extent certainly does provide the opportunity to examine, review, understand, and consider different points of view. I consider that one of the benefits of a vast, enriched education.

[4]"Paws,
Look I am not the one posting my IQ or my GS rating and stating that I most likely have more education then anyone else on this board. "

Of course you aren't; I posted that! What's your point?? My IQ is 134, I retired as a GS-13, and my formal education includes degrees in Business Administration, Economics, Management, and Human Resources Management. Those are all four year degrees except of course the Masters. Do you believe that most posters on these boards have four degrees or more? I don't. So what??
Paws, I quess I should have just came out and said it. When you start to get on your qualifications on huntalk you come off as pompous. In my life I have met people who had to tell me their titles and qualifications because they thougt those conferred upon them a status of being superior. That is how you come across. I have no problem with you being proud of your accomplishments in the academic field or civil service hierarchy but why the need to point it out so often? Wouldn't your intelligence and thoughtfulness come through without tell us you are a genius.

You have a lot to add to most debates, but just when it gets heated you demand that the opposition must post with "respect" for you. At least with Elkgunner you can call him an idiot when he is acting like one.

Also I am sorry you are unable to understand what is meant by common sense. In all your studies you have to have met intelligent people who lacked practical skills or knowledge of how to do every day things. Every campus and military base is full of people like this, who were promoted based upon the degree on their wall and not on practical knowledge of the job.

Also, I didn't belittle anyone intelligence or education. I have a degree as well and believe that education is the way to achieve the American dream.

Nemont

Oh OK; yes I understand practical skills, superior hand eye coordination etc. And that I think is what people need to say when they are talking about "common sense". Used without a descriptive context the phrase is meaningless. And Nemont when I state a credential, previous job, membership or association it is for two reasons. First I do it so the reader has some frame of reference for where my statement is coming from. Secondly I do it to support the reasonable validity of my statement or opinion; to more or less demonstrate that I should at least have some idea of what I am talking about. That's all. I don't try to be pompous or overbearing here with one exception. Myself being the least important creature on the face of God's green earth; I absolutely insist on being superior to anyone who believes themselves to be superior to anyone else. My point here is that while I may not be better than anyone else; I am just as good as everyone else and the same applies to all others regardless of their misplaced aarogance of self import. This crap about ragging on a fireman because he spells a word wrong or jumping down someone's throat because their values are a bit different. or questioning the honesty of people that one has never met. That is just mean spirited and has no place in humanity or among the more fortunate of us. What kind of generation will that kind of example bring forth? We wonder why America is going to hell and we can't get good solid politicians to run for office when all we really need do is to look into the mirror long and hard and keep on staring until we realize that the guy looking back at us is no longer an asshole. Sorry to preach; but, you asked.

Originally posted by Nemont:
posted 05-24-2004 15:43

At least with Elkgunner you can call him an idiot when he is acting like one.

Nemont
Nemont,
Now there are two mistakes you have made in this post... The second being thinking that I am "acting" like an idiot.... ;)

The first was your surprising lack of Biology, for someone who was raised around Cattle. I would have guessed that you would know the only way something could be BullShit would be for it to have originated within close proximity of Two Large Balls. I think you may have been more likely to have had less disagreement with your assessment if you would have said CowShit or SteerShit. :D :D

Originally posted by pawclaws:
Oh OK; yes I understand practical skills, superior hand eye coordination etc. And that I think is what people need to say when they are talking about "common sense". Used without a descriptive context the phrase is meaningless. And Nemont when I state a credential, previous job, membership or association it is for two reasons. First I do it so the reader has some frame of reference for where my statement is coming from. Secondly I do it to support the reasonable validity of my statement or opinion; to more or less demonstrate that I should at least have some idea of what I am talking about. That's all. I don't try to be pompous or overbearing here with one exception. Myself being the least important creature on the face of God's green earth; I absolutely insist on being superior to anyone who believes themselves to be superior to anyone else. My point here is that while I may not be better than anyone else; I am just as good as everyone else and the same applies to all others regardless of their misplaced aarogance of self import. This crap about ragging on a fireman because he spells a word wrong or jumping down someone's throat because their values are a bit different. or questioning the honesty of people that one has never met. That is just mean spirited and has no place in humanity or among the more fortunate of us. What kind of generation will that kind of example bring forth? We wonder why America is going to hell and we can't get good solid politicians to run for office when all we really need do is to look into the mirror long and hard and keep on staring until we realize that the guy looking back at us is no longer an asshole. Sorry to preach; but, you asked.
Paws,

Are you familiar with the concept of a Paragraph??? :rolleyes: Perhaps you missed that part in school, or perhaps, all those degrees don't mean JackS_it, if you don't have a bit of Common Sense, ability to communicate, or logic.

I would be curious as to who has been "ragging on a fireman because he spells a word wrong ". Would you care to tell us who that was?? My guess is, like most of your other statements, you don't have a clue on this one either.
:rolleyes:

This thread is a Classic with 3 pages of Paws trying to prove his manhood to any and all bystanders.

Reminds me of the "little man" at the bar, who has too many to drink, and then wants to fight anybody in sight.
fight.gif

Ya, and then there is the arrogant dick head, that talks over everybody, and just has got to be the center of attention, and is an all around pain in the ass.

EG, Know anybody like that?? :D :eek:

"I would be curious as to who has been "ragging on a fireman because he spells a word wrong ". Would you care to tell us who that was?? My guess is, like most of your other statements, you don't have a clue on this one either."

Oh Elkgunner; have you been so rude to so many that you can not remember ? I'm astonished! :rolleyes:

Why ask me? I don't have a clue, remember? When you do remember; maybe you'll want to offer him an apology since this is the only issue of ethics, morals, or manners I have seen that may have reached you. :(

I asked you, only because I thought this might be the only statement you would actually be able to back up. But alas, it is not to be. Once again, you make statements, and then can't even remember why you made the statement. No foundation, no facts, no background.... :rolleyes:

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back