Warriors March Madness

Outdooraddict

I know basketball gets a lot of attention, but I've got to give credit to the college wrestlers this weekend who have been beaten, starved, and submitted their bodies to breaking point. I usually put this up every year for the wrestling fans, so I'll do it again.

Well, who are you boys going to watch? I've done a (somewhat) Western states breakdown for qualifiers this year. So, you'll see how many local boys are representing their home state at the D1 tourney. Idaho (2), Montana (2), UT (3), Colorado (8), Arizona (3), Nebraska (1), and Kansas (6). Some states had zero qualifiers.

Right now, Colorado has a few kids to watch. Got to keep an eye on Wyoming, they have one CO boy that is ranked no. 1 (LeBlanc). I like watching OK ST's Oliver- he's mean and I like his style. As for teams, UNC (N. CO) are pretty much out (but they have maybe 2 that will do o.k.), Wyoming for sure (keeping it somewhat local), and Missouri. Missouri really impressed me winning the Big 12. I still think Penn State will take it.

I have to ask some of the Wyoming guys... what happened to some of the really tough kids in that state? I remember in the 90's Green River had some animals, and there are some good wrestlers around.

Watched the Div 2's. There were some tough kids there. Wish they had it like they did back in the day- where the D2 winner was invited to the D1 tourney... that would be awesome.

Anybody else out there watching???

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-13 at 11.05.20 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-13 at 11.05.20 AM.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 101
I'll be watching again.Not to hopefull of winning it but were in the hunt.Plus my sons buddy (family friend) got second in the big tens so were hoping he will make the stand this year even though he decided to go to Nebraska. Good luck to all.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back