Turkey Thumpers - What do you use?

I shoot a cheap Mossberg 9200 3"...for dove, quail, duck, goose, turkey and stray dogs :D

Use different chokes and ammo for different species...ALL purpose gun.

.264Mag, they don't "come to you" ! You have to work them in close to allow a shotgun kill....it ain't that easy! They are probably way less responsive to calling than a deer to a grnut call or an Elk to a bugle or mew!Certainly not as easy as picking any one off at 350 yds during deer season with a rifle when they were coming to your deer feeder!
Oh, what do you wear when deer hunting? Are you in a stand or still hunting?

And Yes, TLC, I use Brian Warners calls www.heirloomturkeycalls.com hard to beat!

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree here.

I've called them in before, but I just don't enjoy it as much as playing "sniper". I usually wear jeans and a shirt when hunting. We're required to wear blaze orange during deer season, so it doesn't make much sense to me to wear some fancy camo underneath a bright orange vest. I don't get all camo'ed up or sit over a feeder. I still hunt, if you could call it that. I'm a horribly impatient person, so typically I bust ass as quickly as I can over as much ground as possible, and so far its worked remarkably well. 99% of my hunting is on public land.

10-4!!! Agree to disagree!
Now whacking, culling Springbok, with three of us laying down 50ZAR on every shot, none allowed under 300 metres, only head shots count, with a 22-250 is great sport!

Back